Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

35 minutes ago, C_titz said:

I’m not buying into this injury stuff . 

also responding to the criticism. Any criticism they do receive on Facebook they just block loyal fans . f**k the board up their own arse . 

I mean, the injuries are real, so its not like they aren't a factor. But like has been pointed out, Irvine seems to like signing lads with a season ticket to the physio.

As Facebook is currently showing, some people will never be convinced that we're mince. 

Saw one post saying we've had a couple of bad results... 

Its not even a couple of months of bad results, it's practically the calendar year. 

2 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

As Facebook is currently showing, some people will never be convinced that we're mince. 

Saw one post saying we've had a couple of bad results... 

Its not even a couple of months of bad results, it's practically the calendar year. 

Aye, there's a fair bit of "shut up and be happy"

2 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Unfortunately they'll all be saying the same when we get to play Forres in a mid-table clash. 

Mental that the board have offered Irvine more financial backing . This means he’s here for the long run by the look of it . 

the board have to take blame too. Going all the way back to the Campbell days . The Petrie mistake , bollan, & malcolm. 

we are heading to the highland league I’m afraid . 

27 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Mental that the board have offered Irvine more financial backing . This means he’s here for the long run by the look of it . 

the board have to take blame too. Going all the way back to the Campbell days . The Petrie mistake , bollan, & malcolm. 

we are heading to the highland league I’m afraid . 

Ach, they have to say they've offered him money, or they'd get battered for that.

2 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Yeah that post is outing a fair amount of happy clapping roasters. Clearly the fare on the pitch is secondary to these people. No wonder the Board feel able to issue that ‘statement’. 

Re: the injuries, perhaps Irvine shouldn’t sign ( and resign) perma-crocks?

2 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Yeah that post is outing a fair amount of happy clapping roasters. Clearly the fare on the pitch is secondary to these people. No wonder the Board feel able to issue that ‘statement’. 

Re: the injuries, perhaps Irvine shouldn’t sign ( and resign) perma-crocks?

Back in the days before you could hide behind user names and avatars. 

Screenshot_20221009-180655_Facebook.jpg

19 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Back in the days before you could hide behind user names and avatars. 

Screenshot_20221009-180655_Facebook.jpg

Not like you to be virtue signalling is it?

Who is hiding? Never been afraid to voice my opinion at Station Park, did so yesterday , did so under my real name on Facebook post and did so to Hall back in the day.

Anyone that thinks we’ve just had a couple of bad games is clearly a moron and it is idiots like this and people who thought we were good last week against Dumbarton that do the club no favours by hiding from the stark, palpable truth.

17 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Not like you to be virtue signalling is it?

Who is hiding? Never been afraid to voice my opinion at Station Park, did so yesterday , did so under my real name on Facebook post and did so to Hall back in the day.

Anyone that thinks we’ve just had a couple of bad games is clearly a moron and it is idiots like this and people who thought we were good last week against Dumbarton that do the club no favours by hiding from the stark, palpable truth.

I think most fans know the club has made a few bad decisions since Weir left, we needed an experienced head then and we need an experienced head now, the last few gambles haven't worked and we are now at the real nitty gritty point.

It's turned out like Weirs reign, good 1st season then it goes pear shaped. Is there an experienced man out there mid season to save us, I have no idea but I know he hasn't got a lot to work with in this squad, we are lacking confidence, drive, fight, desire, everything really.

I can see us in the play off v Brechin, if that does happen then it will be a disaster as we don't have anyone to chuck money at getting back up.

The board are backing the management so we have to support that wether you like it or not, being bottom of the pile isn't the time to rip up season tickets and stop supporting the club, some of the abuse aimed at the off the field activities is quite frankly embarrassing 

The next 2 weeks will decide if we change management, no doubt about that.

21 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

I think most fans know the club has made a few bad decisions since Weir left, we needed an experienced head then and we need an experienced head now, the last few gambles haven't worked and we are now at the real nitty gritty point.

It's turned out like Weirs reign, good 1st season then it goes pear shaped. Is there an experienced man out there mid season to save us, I have no idea but I know he hasn't got a lot to work with in this squad, we are lacking confidence, drive, fight, desire, everything really.

I can see us in the play off v Brechin, if that does happen then it will be a disaster as we don't have anyone to chuck money at getting back up.

The board are backing the management so we have to support that wether you like it or not, being bottom of the pile isn't the time to rip up season tickets and stop supporting the club, some of the abuse aimed at the off the field activities is quite frankly embarrassing 

The next 2 weeks will decide if we change management, no doubt about that.

Decisions were bad before Weir, and horrific since.

Again, the point over the boards communication and fundraising activity seems to be missed. It's not that those activities aren't needed, or appreciated, it's that outwith calls for support for these and season tickets, there is little more engagement, meaning that your average punter (in this case, I am referring to myself, to remove ambiguity) feels little more than a source of income to the club, rather than a part of something.

At these times, in my opinion, the club needs to be forming an attachment and connection with the support  rather than a slightly cold, aloof stance. 

As ever, I only want the club to succeed and thrive, on and off the park.

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

At these times, in my opinion, the club needs to be forming an attachment and connection with the support  rather than a slightly cold, aloof stance. 

100% this. In the grand scheme of things forfar supporters are thin on the ground. They'd get alot further building a relationship with the fans, then we'd likely get a better insight into how & why they make certain decisions. Atm as a supporter I can see why some may feel almost forgotten about by those at the wheel. 

21 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Just wondered how many on here actually have a pint in the lounge or do engage in any club fund raising activities?

I frequented the lounge on occasion before I went back to work. Now I tend to be coming to games directly from work & head straight back at FT. 

Was also a massive fan of the santa day thingy they ran for a couple of years in the lounge, my kids loved it, gladly spent a fortune.