Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

48 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

1 point from 3 home games in a row. 2 points from the last 5 home games (1 of which was won against 9 men).

Hard to imagine there is another club that would let this continue, we have been dross since January. What do the board imagine is going to change when it is the same shit every single week?

On 20/09/2022 at 16:59, 1320Lichtie said:

Basically living half my week in Forfar just now on Market Street, two minutes away from Station Park. Without sounding cheeky the Forfar home support is pretty stinking it’s not ever really too busy you’d hardly notice the difference between a match day and non match day so getting out of Forfar would be fine. 

All just depends on the traffic when you’re going into Dundee, there’ll probably be 2/3 thousand Aberdeen fans at Tannadice and the vast majority going by road will be going the same direction you are at the same time. If you can get around that busy Forfar road junction you’ll be sorted, maybe even take a detour through Fintry and back up on to the Kingsway that way. 

Thanks again for your help. Made it and had a great day.

Cheers.

9 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Hard to imagine there is another club that would let this continue, we have been dross since January. What do the board imagine is going to change when it is the same shit every single week?

It’s sackable form regardless what level you’re at, we genuinely look like a pub team at times with Irvine in charge.

12 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Exactly. It feels like I've been watching the same football match for about a year. There's never anything new tried. It's 4-4-2 without any alterations, no matter what and like for like subs. Zero adventure or gamble. I'm sick hearing myself moaning about the same things every Saturday night!

Even the awful music never changes!!

20 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Exactly. It feels like I've been watching the same football match for about a year. There's never anything new tried. It's 4-4-2 without any alterations, no matter what and like for like subs. Zero adventure or gamble. I'm sick hearing myself moaning about the same things every Saturday night!

Even the awful music never changes!!

Yip has been Groundhog Day for 10 months at Station Park. Very close to finding something better to do with my time and money because there is zero entertainment or enjoyment to be had.

39 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Yip has been Groundhog Day for 10 months at Station Park. Very close to finding something better to do with my time and money because there is zero entertainment or enjoyment to be had.

Kudos to all non ST holders paying at the gate to watch us atm, I'm not sure I wouldn't be tempted to find a reason to miss out☹️

Club Statement 

The board of Forfar Athletic Football and indeed our entire management team are acutely aware of the seriousness of our league position. In recent weeks the Chairman and Vice Chairman have been meeting regularly with the manager to offer both additional financial support and to discuss the situation we find ourselves in.

Whilst not offering this as an excuse, we have to be honest and say we have been hit with the most severe injury list, one which any club would find difficult to manage. We find ourselves continually plagued  with horrendous luck on this front and we are struggling to get the squad that we hoped we would have available to us.

During the recently closed loan window at the end of September we found as did many other clubs, it extremely difficult to get the deals over the line in some cases despite the fact that we had been working for weeks  to conclude.  We accept that this is just part and parcel of football.

Gary is very much aware of what we require as a football club and rest assured no one is working harder than him and his back room staff to turn our fortunes around and he accepts that this can’t go on indefinitely. He does still have the full backing of the board and his playing squad.

While we accept that this statement will not be universally popular with all our fans, we ask that you respect what we are trying to do and that is to help a young manager through a very difficult time in his career.

Before closing the Directors do note the criticism levelled they feel unfairly on social media by certain factions that they are only interested in procuring sponsorship and hospitality bookings and promoting events such as Sportsman’s Dinners and Golf Days.
Nothing could be further from the truth.

The football side of the club, the supporters and share holders are and always will be at the forefront of all our efforts.

However without the many fund raising ventures that the Directors and a hardy band of volunteers put so much of their own time and effort into, the club simply could not survive these days on the financial front.

We would like to thank you for your continued support both on match days and at fund raising events, all of which rest assured is much appreciated.

Let’s all stick together moving forward in our one main aim at present to see the ‘Loons’ begin a climb up the league two  table.

Just now, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Club Statement 

The board of Forfar Athletic Football and indeed our entire management team are acutely aware of the seriousness of our league position. In recent weeks the Chairman and Vice Chairman have been meeting regularly with the manager to offer both additional financial support and to discuss the situation we find ourselves in.

Whilst not offering this as an excuse, we have to be honest and say we have been hit with the most severe injury list, one which any club would find difficult to manage. We find ourselves continually plagued  with horrendous luck on this front and we are struggling to get the squad that we hoped we would have available to us.

During the recently closed loan window at the end of September we found as did many other clubs, it extremely difficult to get the deals over the line in some cases despite the fact that we had been working for weeks  to conclude.  We accept that this is just part and parcel of football.

Gary is very much aware of what we require as a football club and rest assured no one is working harder than him and his back room staff to turn our fortunes around and he accepts that this can’t go on indefinitely. He does still have the full backing of the board and his playing squad.

While we accept that this statement will not be universally popular with all our fans, we ask that you respect what we are trying to do and that is to help a young manager through a very difficult time in his career.

Before closing the Directors do note the criticism levelled they feel unfairly on social media by certain factions that they are only interested in procuring sponsorship and hospitality bookings and promoting events such as Sportsman’s Dinners and Golf Days.

The football side of the club, the supporters and share holders are and always will be at the forefront of all our efforts.

However without the many fund raising ventures that the Directors and a hardy band of volunteers put so much of their own time and effort into, the club simply could not survive these days on the financial front.

We would like to thank you for your continued support both on match days and at fund raising events, all of which rest assured is much appreciated.

Let’s all stick together moving forward in our one main aim at present to see the ‘Loons’ begin a climb up the league two  table.

Let’s stick together guys 💤 

4 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Let’s stick together guys 💤 

Not to use injuries as an excuse, but here's injuries as an excuse. 

Id rather they just admitted they're too cheap to punt him. 

9 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

They absolutely read this thread. 

I'll put my hands up and admit I'm one of those who use fundraising efforts as a stick to beat them with. As I've said before, I have no issue with and actively support those efforts, but not to the detriment of the purpose of the football club, a winning team on the park.

I also think it's important to note that I've not said anything that I wouldn't say to anyone's face. 

40 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Injuries. 

Whyte- seemingly made of glass. No offence to the lad.

Munro- always misses games every year.

Keatings - retired previously because of injuries.

Thats just off the top of my head. 

Screenshot_20221009_145157.jpg

Flanagan - barely played for us he’d offer a bigger threat going forward.

Nditi - better than what we have playing at rb at the moment

Mcluskey - missing on Saturday there.

Thomson - been in & out the squad due to injuries.

30 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Flanagan is the big one for me -- he'd give us some much needed creativity and is something a bit different.

Mental that Hanratty hasn't been starting of late.

I can only assume Hanratty is either a dreadful trainer, or isn't massively interested in being coached by Irvine. Definitely good enough to start.