Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

3 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Let’s be clear here we have players in the squad capable of improving our league position.

we just need a better manager in place who actually knows what he’s doing.

Are the club actually willing to make that change though? And if they do, will they bring in the right replacement or just go for the cheap option again?

18 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Are the club actually willing to make that change though? 

I would have said not. With our current decision makers we would still have Malcolm at the helm. I can’t see them doing anything other than backing Irvine all the way ( to the Highland League?).

8 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Defeat tonight & I think he’ll be away.

although he should of been away ages ago.

As horrific as it sounds but I don't think so. Dumbarton are top of the league so the board will view this inevitable loss as a free hit.

Mind you, losing the L2 relegation playoff to Brechin would be viewed as a free hit by the board too - "oh, it's a local Derby, you can't judge a whole season against a local rival" or some nonsense along those lines 🙄 

13 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

As horrific as it sounds but I don't think so. Dumbarton are top of the league so the board will view this inevitable loss as a free hit.

Mind you, losing the L2 relegation playoff to Brechin would be viewed as a free hit by the board too - "oh, it's a local Derby, you can't judge a whole season against a local rival" or some nonsense along those lines 🙄 

How many more ‘ free hits’ is he going to get though?

Every time  we lose to a team above us, will that be a classed as a free hit then?

Is the Community Trust still a part of the club or what has happened there?

Other clubs have set ones up after us and seem to be doing very well meanwhile from the outside looking in, ours seems to be chaired by someone who doesn’t seem to really have a clue.

2 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

Is the Community Trust still a part of the club or what has happened there?

Other clubs have set ones up after us and seem to be doing very well meanwhile from the outside looking in, ours seems to be chaired by someone who doesn’t seem to really have a clue.

Community trust seem ok from my perspective. I know that it was only this season they made full time appointments, but they are running lots of activities through the week for different age groups, as well as holiday camps for kids.

I think they might also be hamstrung by the Club Board and what they will allow.

1 hour ago, C_titz said:

What happened to the young lads and lasses that would be there every week from the young teams ? In the wee fan zone area 

My theory is alot of them weren't too fussed about being there in the 1st place. 

The bigger worry is the group of teenagers who I've seen home & away for quite some time have seemingly given up. 

16 hours ago, C_titz said:

What happened to the young lads and lasses that would be there every week from the young teams ? In the wee fan zone area 

They were invited up in their squads last season, this season the squads take turns providing ball retrieval technicians (I don’t think we’re allowed to call them ball boys anymore 🙈🤣), my younger son and most of his teammates are there anyway.

15 hours ago, TheClosingArguement said:

The bigger worry is the group of teenagers who I've seen home & away for quite some time have seemingly given up. 

My elder laddie was the “drummer boy” last season, the drum is gathering dust in my house, he and some of his pals still go but don’t feel like making a noise 😔

Going by the club and the happy clappers on Facebook yesterday was a turning point. Not so convinced myself, to do anything we will have to create and score chances, no evidence this squad have that in them at all. This Saturday against East Fife is crunch time IMO.