Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

Irvine hopeful of bringing in one new face tonight. Again.

Maybe I’m being too critical on this but I’m fed up of hearing him talk about our injury issues. Yes, it’s unfortunate that players are injured but the lack of back up options is all his own doing.

He has had all summer to bring in players and hasn’t brought in enough when it’s been obvious we need defensive reinforcements the entire time. Other clubs have signed players, even on loan, with no issues yet Irvine keeps going back to his old ‘it’s so hard to sign anyone’.

Not sure I can agree on this ‘ injury shout’. It’s one thing Irvine hasn’t actually blamed on results which I think has been about the only positive thing he’s done.

1 minute ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
1 hour ago, fafc1885 said:
Mark Docherty signs on loan until January. Not a fan of him when he was here before.

April 1st was ages ago mate...

Oh I wish it was just an April Fools joke. 

Docherty a shocker, I think we’re all expecting a defeat and Ann announcement this weekend aren’t we?. Gary has been brilliant with me and I still think we’re playing reasonably well despite the results but the signifn of Docherty has completely scuppered any faith I have of a turnaround. He was horrendous first time round, why would he be any better 3/4 years older 

Spencer Moreland played twice for Stenny last season…

14 minutes against Cowdenbeath & 25 minutes against us in😂😂

Bobby Dailly is Christian Daily’s son, played twice in the challenge cup clean sheet vs Fraserburgh & was in the squad that lost 4-0 to East Fife.

he’s a centre back so hopefully that means no more Hutton at CB…

The less said about Mark Docherty the better.

what a completely uninspiring trio of signings.

We brought Spencer Moreland in at Ochilview when we were going through a bit of an injury crisis and needed someone to beef up the numbers in the middle of the park. He made two appearances and left no impression in either game.

Perhaps the most notable moment from his time at Stenhousemuir was during an away game at Elgin City where the team bus forgot to pick him up.

I hope he can do Forfar Athletic a decent turn but this group of signings screams "eighth-place finish" to me.

These three signings make it obvious that nobody of any use wanted to sign for the club. A sad state of affairs in all honesty.

The less said about Mark Docherty the better.

I’ve heard a couple of decent things about Dailly, but not enough to make me think he’s going to improve the squad.

I haven’t heard anything good about Moreland.

@Francesc Fabregas said these signings scream an eighth place finish, but I don’t even think we’re good enough  for that.

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

These are signings you'd expect at a non league side like Cowdenbeath.

I agree with fafc1885 Forfar are going to be very lucky to get 8th I feel the squad is a mile off it.

Can't help but feel that's a healthy dose of hyperbole. 

I will grant you that all 3 would be the best players at Cowdenbeath, probably by a distance.