Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

11 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Other than a tap in against Elgin, I've yet to see Armour do anything.

To score a tap in, you have to think like a striker. Aitken is never in the right area to do f**k all

Edited by TheClosingArguement

13 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

Whilst agreeing that the "highlights" should perhaps be better named I applaud the suggestion of running tombola  or whist drives. Whilst understanding some criticism of the Board I find it strange that the golf day, sportsmans dinner etc receive such negative comments. Do fans actually think that all funds come through the turnstiles? Perhaps Mr. Rateofknots could volunteer as Mr. Bingocaller.

I think the bigger issue people have is that the only correspondence we get from the club is attempts to raise money. 

When the newspapers & other clubs are announcing you're signings before you & any worthile information about football isn't forthcoming, a post about another 'fundraiser' leaves a sour taste in the mouth. 

2 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Armour has 7 goals in 89 career appearences.

You don't think Aitken has scored tap ins?

Hes fucking missed plenty. 

Aitken has 33 in 150 odd. You talk him up like we need him at all costs

He scored some penalties for albion Rovers and the brain trust at Forfar gave him a 2 year deal. Absolutely shocking signing. 

The chance he missed yesterday hammers home he's not a decent striker at any level, 5 yards out, nobody near him, can't hit the target. We'll never know if armour will be any use for us because he gets hooked constantly so League 2s answer to Ali Dia can play 90 minutes. 

38 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Other than a tap in against Elgin, I've yet to see Armour do anything.

Aitken has three goals, two were from open play weren't they? He's also a better all round player in my view.

Let's call it a draw and say neither are particularly amazing?

41 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

Whilst agreeing that the "highlights" should perhaps be better named I applaud the suggestion of running tombola  or whist drives. Whilst understanding some criticism of the Board I find it strange that the golf day, sportsmans dinner etc receive such negative comments. Do fans actually think that all funds come through the turnstiles? Perhaps Mr. Rateofknots could volunteer as Mr. Bingocaller.

The club has been going backwards since JW was the manager.

The board have made little to no effort to communicate with the paying public, and show little interest in the community at large, other than to take their money from various events.

I have first hand experience of the fact they ignore efforts to get involved in activities within the community, and will freely admit this has coloured my opinion towards them.

I have no issue with fundraising events for the club, just in case that isn't apparent.

14 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

He scored some penalties for albion Rovers and the brain trust at Forfar gave him a 2 year deal. Absolutely shocking signing. 

The chance he missed yesterday hammers home he's not a decent striker at any level, 5 yards out, nobody near him, can't hit the target. We'll never know if armour will be any use for us because he gets hooked constantly so League 2s answer to Ali Dia can play 90 minutes. 

I'm not sure any of the players have the confidence in front of goal.

25 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

You’ve just totally contradicted yourself…

Aitken doesn’t get in the right area yet missed many tap ins?😂

have a word with yourself.

9 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

You’ve just totally contradicted yourself…

Aitken doesn’t get in the right area yet missed many tap ins?😂

have a word with yourself.

pot kettle with some of your shouts. Take your Aitken hard on & jog on. 

On 06/09/2022 at 16:23, theSilverFox said:

Agreed, the majority of the directors are fans, some are lifelong, too and suffering as we are. We also don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes to fix things, granted maybe nothing and heads are buried in the sand but equally there may be plans that just aren’t in motion yet.

This all looks spookily familiar .........

7 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Good news that Nditi just has severe bruising rather than ligament damage. 

And as a person who suffers from. Back issues, back spasms are no joke for Slater, but hopefully not long term.

No such thing as good news at station park nowadays. 

3 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I don't have anything to add other than I just bumped into Michael Bolochoweckyj in B&Q, what I'd do for a prime Bolo at the back now

To be honest, the state of our defence at the moment even current Bolo would still add something to our team.

Irvine hopeful of bringing in one new face tonight. Again.

Maybe I’m being too critical on this but I’m fed up of hearing him talk about our injury issues. Yes, it’s unfortunate that players are injured but the lack of back up options is all his own doing.

He has had all summer to bring in players and hasn’t brought in enough when it’s been obvious we need defensive reinforcements the entire time. Other clubs have signed players, even on loan, with no issues yet Irvine keeps going back to his old ‘it’s so hard to sign anyone’.