Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, TheClosingArguement said:

5 goals in 10 games in the tinpot league does not exactly scream 'tasty'. 

As said earlier, if he's good, he won't be back. So ultimately what's the point in this signing? We're not catching Dumbarton by January, would rather have solidified at the back. 

A goal every other game is tasty at any level. When was the last time a Forfar player hit 18 in the league? 

2 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Christ, I'm as negative as they come normally but only our fans could be writing off a new signing so quickly. The boy needs to be given a chance

Its not really about Ferguson. The point is we've clearly struggled to sign players when we've had recently as low as 15 fit players. 

Then we finally bring in a striker when in all honesty we needed depth at the back. Not to mention this shows the keatings experiment was a total waste of time & money

I hope the lad scores a hat-trick tomorrow. 

The point I'm making is, Irvine seemingly hasn't got a clue about anything he's doing. He says we're title challengers, then proceeds to make excuse after excuse whilst we sit 9th in league 2. As for the board, the fact all we could do is seemingly a sole loan signing shows a total lack of ambition (again). 

The bigger picture, unless management changes & ultimately board change direction, we'll go through this every year or we'll do a brechin. 

2 hours ago, lwh said:

A goal every other game is tasty at any level. When was the last time a Forfar player hit 18 in the league? 

Grady Mcgrath scored 74 goals last season. When was the last time a loan signing in September did that? 

Its not really about Ferguson. The point is we've clearly struggled to sign players when we've had recently as low as 15 fit players. 
Then we finally bring in a striker when in all honesty we needed depth at the back. Not to mention this shows the keatings experiment was a total waste of time & money
I hope the lad scores a hat-trick tomorrow. 
The point I'm making is, Irvine seemingly hasn't got a clue about anything he's doing. He says we're title challengers, then proceeds to make excuse after excuse whilst we sit 9th in league 2. As for the board, the fact all we could do is seemingly a sole loan signing shows a total lack of ambition (again). 
The bigger picture, unless management changes & ultimately board change direction, we'll go through this every year or we'll do a brechin. 
I don't think anybody is happy in general, but I was purely talking about Ferguson who you've written off before he has kicked a ball.

@TheClosingArguement

I feel your pain, we all do.

Stop being negative to the new signing, a young lad, hopefully will do us good.

My/your/our issue is with Irvine, play the man, yes i agree it's not the right signing, but at the moment WHAT IS?

We at the moment have shite, goalie(playing wise), defence headless, midfield noness, forwards scoreless

Point of the the point, leave the signing to be.....

f**k OFF IRVINE 

I’ve been watching Forfar games for 25 years now and I haven’t felt this disheartened with the club. We’ve finished bottom of the 42 before and that still felt like there was more effort from Jim Moffat at that point than Irvine is currently putting in. Boys like Sean Grady and Michele Lombardi were shit but at least they looked interested unlike Matty.

There’s no connect between the club and supporters anymore. Under Stewart and Graham we seemed to get constant updates from the pair of them, but now it’s just radio silence unless it’s about a golf day, hospitality or the sportsman’s dinner.

We haven’t at all looked like we are anything other than relegation battlers this season and with the trapdoor open, unlike in 07/08, we could very easily find ourselves playing Strathspey and Clachnacuddin next season.

4 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

I’ve been watching Forfar games for 25 years now and I haven’t felt this disheartened with the club. We’ve finished bottom of the 42 before and that still felt like there was more effort from Jim Moffat at that point than Irvine is currently putting in. Boys like Sean Grady and Michele Lombardi were shit but at least they looked interested unlike Matty.

Imagine singling out Matthew Aitken out of the whole squad. 😂

7 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

There’s no connect between the club and supporters anymore. Under Stewart and Graham we seemed to get constant updates from the pair of them, but now it’s just radio silence unless it’s about a golf day, hospitality or the sportsman’s dinner.

We haven’t at all looked like we are anything other than relegation battlers this season and with the trapdoor open, unlike in 07/08, we could very easily find ourselves playing Strathspey and Clachnacuddin next season.

Not one of those players yesterday were fit to lace Paul Lunan boots. 

2 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Considering how he missed a sitter then decided not to bother his arse for the next 75 minutes id say he's bang on. 

Give me Lombardi over Aitken any day. 

20 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

I mean I could have singled out a number of players but he’s the laziest one on the pitch, so why not single him out? His lack of effort is evident throughout each game.

5 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Apart from the , ahem, "highlights", still no feedback from the club.

Assuming there's no tombola or whist drive to publicise.

Whilst agreeing that the "highlights" should perhaps be better named I applaud the suggestion of running tombola  or whist drives. Whilst understanding some criticism of the Board I find it strange that the golf day, sportsmans dinner etc receive such negative comments. Do fans actually think that all funds come through the turnstiles? Perhaps Mr. Rateofknots could volunteer as Mr. Bingocaller.

18 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Ooft. Not sure that's fair. From what I've seen, Armours work ethic is superior, and he has scored from open play. 

Other than a tap in against Elgin, I've yet to see Armour do anything.

Aitken has three goals, two were from open play weren't they? He's also a better all round player in my view.