Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, C_titz said:

I pay my money every season I will complain if I want to, agm or no agm . 

although I would find it hard to voice an opinion now as I have no access to the club Facebook page where I would go to get my information on the comings and goings at the club . 

the clubs becoming a joke and I’m getting sick of it . No connection between fans , club & players at all. 

Plenty ways to get around a Facebook block.

I was being a bit flippant, I didn't mean you couldn't complain, I meant that was the way the board might see it.

The way I see it, the disconnect with the players comes from an apathy from the management. They should be telling them to go to the away support at the very least, though they shouldn't need prompting. There's a lack of leadership and direction on all fronts, apart from commercially.

9 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Plenty ways to get around a Facebook block.

I was being a bit flippant, I didn't mean you couldn't complain, I meant that was the way the board might see it.

The way I see it, the disconnect with the players comes from an apathy from the management. They should be telling them to go to the away support at the very least, though they shouldn't need prompting. There's a lack of leadership and direction on all fronts, apart from commercially.

All that was said is that I think it’s time for a change . Club happy to take the praise when going well but acting like this when it’s going badly is a poor poor way of doing things 

9 minutes ago, C_titz said:

All that was said is that I think it’s time for a change . Club happy to take the praise when going well but acting like this when it’s going badly is a poor poor way of doing things 

It's pretty thin skinned, but hardly surprising of this Cabal.

I know of a Mens mental health Charity that was keen to set up a Forfar branch meeting at the ground on Monday nights, akin to how the Arbroath branch is run from Gayfield, but they chased the club for weeks to get a response, only to be given the run around when they eventually bothered to reply.

Happy to preach one thing but behave entirely differently.

Oooh, all this sounds so familiar.

We had to hit rock bottom before change; new committee, new structure, new direction, share issue, local young players (released from our local FT clubs), train local and with everything crossed (pyramid system makes it difficult to get back up) we will return to the SPFL.

9 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Oooh, all this sounds so familiar.

We had to hit rock bottom before change; new committee, new structure, new direction, share issue, local young players (released from our local FT clubs), train local and with everything crossed (pyramid system makes it difficult to get back up) we will return to the SPFL.

See yous next season 

Let's assume that the Directors of the club, as well as using their position to further their business, build up a contact list, enjoy the "status" that comes with the title, and enjoy the freebies that come their way, also want to guide and help the club reach its full potential. They can't be blind to the unravelling of the Club on and off the pitch. It looks as if the team might have lost faith in the managing style. There are very good players but the heads are down. If the Directors are not taking active decisions to turn this current state of affairs around they should give serious thought to their roles. If the worst happens they might find their contact list drying up faster than the freebies.

We are all frustrated with the situation at the moment, I get that, but the some of the criticism of the committee / directors here is OTT.

The club has been fortunate to have many fine committee members over the years, decent honest and upstanding folk with no interest other than the good of FAFC.  Most contribute much to the running of our club in ways we will never know. I suspect very few have been in it for the 'status' 

But they are all human and make mistakes like the rest of us and there is no doubt many football related decisions in recent years have been questionable.

They are also fans remember, so have witnessed what we all have on the park these last nine months.  It is impossible to believe they are content with the  situation at present. 

For now we must trust them to do the right thing.

20 minutes ago, speedframe said:

We are all frustrated with the situation at the moment, I get that, but the some of the criticism of the committee / directors here is OTT.

The club has been fortunate to have many fine committee members over the years, decent honest and upstanding folk with no interest other than the good of FAFC.  Most contribute much to the running of our club in ways we will never know. I suspect very few have been in it for the 'status' 

But they are all human and make mistakes like the rest of us and there is no doubt many football related decisions in recent years have been questionable.

They are also fans remember, so have witnessed what we all have on the park these last nine months.  It is impossible to believe they are content with the  situation at present. 

Thats the point. There is no trust, because there is no relationship. 

The best we can do is hope.

Given conversations that have been had with board members in the very recent past, that seems forlorn.

29 minutes ago, speedframe said:

Agreed, the majority of the directors are fans, some are lifelong, too and suffering as we are. We also don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes to fix things, granted maybe nothing and heads are buried in the sand but equally there may be plans that just aren’t in motion yet.

34 minutes ago, speedframe said:

This is part of my argument but I don't think flagging in their responsibilities is OTT. I certainly hope there are plans/movement behind the scenes because at the moment things are looking grim.

24 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

This is part of my argument but I don't think flagging in their responsibilities is OTT. I certainly hope there are plans/movement behind the scenes because at the moment things are looking grim.

Agreed. It's not like the apparent interest in anything but football from the club is a new thing. 

Its lazy appointments every manager now it seems. Notice 2 clubs in angus have taken initiative & looked to improve on the park. Then there's us, looking to join brechin. If that were to happen it is absolutely & solely the boards fault. Just because we're a small club doesn't mean poor leadership should be ignored. 

1 minute ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Agreed. It's not like the apparent interest in anything but football from the club is a new thing. 

Its lazy appointments every manager now it seems. Notice 2 clubs in angus have taken initiative & looked to improve on the park. Then there's us, looking to join brechin. If that were to happen it is absolutely & solely the boards fault. Just because we're a small club doesn't mean poor leadership should be ignored. 

We, as a club and fan base reacted too late. Whilst we are in HL we are making every effort to get back out with some much needed change (see previous post)

The rot set in when DC was sacked and GB got the job ahead of SP. DC was probably at the end of his shelf life at Forfar to be fair, but it was handled disgracefully, and the buck stops with A Donald for that.

Since then, the board have bounced from one disaster to the next. GB managed to get relegated, throw away a title, scrape a play off win, alienated the vast majority of his squad which eventually was his undoing.

The end of the JW era was a clusterf*ck, SM just wasn't good enough, but had the good grace to admit it and leave of his own accord, by all accounts the board had no intention of dismissing him and spent valuable time trying to change his mind.

With the benefit of this hindsight, I see no reason why the board would feel the need to issue GI with any kind of ultimatum or, indeed, the dreaded "vote of confidence".

"The board are fans" just doesn't really cut it when your manager has won once in FIFTEEN attempts at a level where everyone is much of a muchness.

I find it incredible Irvine is still there with zero sign he can turn it round. 

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

"The board are fans" just doesn't really cut it when your manager has won once in FIFTEEN attempts at a level where everyone is much of a muchness.

I find it incredible Irvine is still there with zero sign he can turn it round. 

While I agree with the overall sentiment I am pretty sure the 1 win in fifteen matches stat includes the League Cup matches versus Dundee, Hamilton and Queens Park and the Challenge Cup match versus Kelty.

This season we have won once in the League.  (versus Stranraer)

Last Season (including two Annan Play Off fixtures) we won 2 out of last nine fixtures (Annan in League and Stranraer) we played at this level

8 hours ago, nofixedability said:

While I agree with the overall sentiment I am pretty sure the 1 win in fifteen matches stat includes the League Cup matches versus Dundee, Hamilton and Queens Park and the Challenge Cup match versus Kelty.

This season we have won once in the League.  (versus Stranraer)

Last Season (including two Annan Play Off fixtures) we won 2 out of last nine fixtures (Annan in League and Stranraer) we played at this level

That makes it all rosy again then cheers for clearing that up