Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

I’ve been bored so did a little bit of stats on each team in the league over their last fifteen competitive games, and just for fun, Lowland league strugglers Cowdenbeath. Obviously not all games are league games but I’ve converted the stats into points just to show how grim it is under Gary Irvine.

Dumbarton - 26 points (8 wins, 2 draws and 5 losses)

Bonnyrigg - 24 points (7 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses)

Stenhousemuir - 22 points (7 wins, 1 draws and 7 losses)

Annan - 21 points (5 wins, 6 draws and 4 losses)

Stirling - 21 points (5 wins, 6 draws and 4 losses)

East Fife - 17 points (5 wins, 2 draws and 8 losses)

Elgin - 16 points (4 wins, 4 draws and 7 losses)

Stranraer - 16 points (4 wins, 4 draws and 7 losses)

Albion Rovers - 12 points (3 wins, 3 draws and 9 losses)

Cowdenbeath - 8 points (2 wins, 2 draws and 11 losses)

Forfar - 8 points (1 win, 5 draws and 9 losses)

If he doesn’t go this week then Saturday needs to be the last chance surely? With the trapdoor in place and working it would be negligence not to act while the situation is more than salvageable with a halfway competent person in charge. There is a decent squad there ( albeit with a couple of glaring gaps).

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

If he doesn’t go this week then Saturday needs to be the last chance surely? With the trapdoor in place and working it would be negligence not to act while the situation is more than salvageable with a halfway competent person in charge. There is a decent squad there ( albeit with a couple of glaring gaps).

Issue being the board don't see any problems.

It certainly is worrying times, granted we’ve got a few injuries but that doesn’t excuse the fact that we’ve been rank rotten since the turn of the year.

I don’t think the squads even good enough to be ‘ challenging for the title’ as Irvine says. New manager comes in & he’s just got the same to play with, which is the most frustrating part.

I can see TBS getting the bedsheet out again 🤣 

“Hall  Irvine must go”

I certainly wouldn’t want to witness another fans’ demonstration behind the stand like the end of the H*****y reign (though that did lead to the Tommy Campbell era which was really good for a while.

Edited by theSilverFox

2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

It certainly is worrying times, granted we’ve got a few injuries but that doesn’t excuse the fact that we’ve been rank rotten since the turn of the year.

I don’t think the squads even good enough to be ‘ challenging for the title’ as Irvine says. New manager comes in & he’s just got the same to play with, which is the most frustrating part.

Its a squad capable of mid table. Yet Irvine has us rock bottom. 

13 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

I can see TBS getting the bedsheet out again 🤣 

“Hall  Irvine must go”

I certainly wouldn’t want to witness another fans’ demonstration behind the stand like the end of the H*****y reign (though that did lead to the Tommy Campbell era which was really good for a while.

I don't know Silver, those scenes with the H.. got what was need at that time.  Something has to be done, as we are going to shite if Irvine keeps in charge.

On 03/09/2022 at 21:03, C_titz said:

The clubs a closed shop . If your not a well to do businessman or the like your face doesn’t fit 

Rubbish!!!! To be on the Board you have to be proposed/seconded and agreed by season ticket holders at the AGM. Either attend and speak up the AGM or stop posting nonsense.

1 hour ago, terracingtam said:

Rubbish!!!! To be on the Board you have to be proposed/seconded and agreed by season ticket holders at the AGM. Either attend and speak up the AGM or stop posting nonsense.

Do you not mean Shareholders?(rather than Season ticket holders)

Our first AGM is in November since we incorporated and our Shareholders will appoint our first Board not Season Ticket holders.

The largest Shareholders have more votes and thus more influence.

Whilst Irvine atm is a major problem, the board is just as much if not more of an issue. 

Supporters feel like they're irrelevant, there's no engagement whatsoever. 

Bare minimum is all they're willing to do on the park & frankly they've made an arse of every football decision in the past 5 years. The fact some directors literally look down their nose at some fans is disgusting. We're not just a source of income. 

2 hours ago, terracingtam said:

I’m a season ticket holder but don’t attend agms . f**k that 

22 minutes ago, C_titz said:

I’m a season ticket holder but don’t attend agms . f**k that 

I can only imagine how short it would be if disgruntled season ticket holders did attend.

However, I will say that if you don't go, you can't really complain.

It's a bit like not voting in an election but complaining about the result 

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

I can only imagine how short it would be if disgruntled season ticket holders did attend.

However, I will say that if you don't go, you can't really complain.

It's a bit like not voting in an election but complaining about the result 

I pay my money every season I will complain if I want to, agm or no agm . 

although I would find it hard to voice an opinion now as I have no access to the club Facebook page where I would go to get my information on the comings and goings at the club . 

the clubs becoming a joke and I’m getting sick of it . No connection between fans , club & players at all.