Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

45 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

I would also have Annan as favourites with Stenny not far behind, we just do not have the goals in the team to really mount a challenge I feel.

I think that's spot on. As a team, my main concern is that Irvine hasn't been able to add goals to it. Keatings might be the answer, but he appears to be made of glass.

2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Will we be able to get our first genuine win in 90 minutes this weekend? 

The expectation is that Bonnyrigg are far better than Cowdenbeath. Based on that logic, a draw away from home would not be the worst result. 

If Forfar stifle the threat of the big fella upfront, keep the shape when Rose get set pieces, the new players are settled and confident, don't fall down the slope (Matty), Slater controls the game, then it has to be a Forfar win.*

*On the other hand, it's Forfar.

11 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Thanks very much Forfar!!!F872D122-A088-4902-B0C8-CF13843F2211.jpeg.0a5a346d46d6819734596d91b04a1bbd.jpeg

4 times that graphic has been used this season already!!!

To be fair . He was pish with us . But then again irvine fines our players if the ball goes near the opposition penalty area 

Edited by C_titz

Quite a few people say that Irvine's problem is his lack of plan B when plan A doesn't work. I had nothing better to do so I took a tactical deep dive and thought I'd share a few ideas that the Loons could do (even though Gary will never see them). Now I'm not qualified to lead a mini kick-about for children let alone have the certificates needed to coach and manage a professional football club but doing my best armchair manager thinking I've come up with 3 options that vary from the 4-4-2 Gary constantly pursues so that the team can make tweaks and changes to adapt to the game and opposition. Happy to hear other peoples ideas on these and their own suggestions. It's totally pointless but us fans do like to think we know more than the managers and coaching staff at clubs do.

Tactical Deep Dive 2022.pdf

13 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Quite a few people say that Irvine's problem is his lack of plan B when plan A doesn't work. I had nothing better to do so I took a tactical deep dive and thought I'd share a few ideas that the Loons could do (even though Gary will never see them). Now I'm not qualified to lead a mini kick-about for children let alone have the certificates needed to coach and manage a professional football club but doing my best armchair manager thinking I've come up with 3 options that vary from the 4-4-2 Gary constantly pursues so that the team can make tweaks and changes to adapt to the game and opposition. Happy to hear other peoples ideas on these and their own suggestions. It's totally pointless but us fans do like to think we know more than the managers and coaching staff at clubs do.

Tactical Deep Dive 2022.pdf 165.54 kB · 0 downloads

Jose Mourinho Writing GIF by DAZN

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Tactical Deep Dive 2022.pdf 165.54 kB · 4 downloads

Greenie just cause of the Champ Man 01-02 nostalgia it gave me 

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

Jose Mourinho Writing GIF by DAZN

I'm sure Mourinho would be proud of my analysis 😆

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Greenie just cause of the Champ Man 01-02 nostalgia it gave me 

Champ Man / FM knowledge is all I can contribute to the Forfar cause! 🙂

4 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Tactical Deep Dive 2022.pdf 165.54 kB · 9 downloads

Brilliant, found that interesting and had a wee play with it too.

I'd prefer them to play this formation, as it allows Slater to drop deep and get on the ball however allows Hutton to protect if he drives forwards but enough in front of him to look for with his great passing.

When Whyte is back, the high wide forwards allows his good passing to be used rather than just punted up the middle to a single striker.

Just a thought

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 16.09.54.png

On 31/07/2022 at 12:10, King Kebab said:

Thanks very much Forfar!!!F872D122-A088-4902-B0C8-CF13843F2211.jpeg.0a5a346d46d6819734596d91b04a1bbd.jpeg

4 times that graphic has been used this season already!!!

This aged well. Hooked after 25 minutes in a 3-0 pumping today.

14 hours ago, lwh said:

This aged well. Hooked after 25 minutes in a 3-0 pumping today.

6 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

Every dog has its day, his was last week.

Wasn’t hooked he was taken off with severe concussion after being clattered about the head by a Bonnyrigg hammer-thrower and apparently spent last night in hospital, he was targeted for a few “crude” challenges shall we say, before his departure from the pitch but keep making it up as you go along though it’s quite entertaining!!!👍🏻

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Wasn’t hooked he was taken off with severe concussion after being clattered about the head by a Bonnyrigg hammer-thrower and apparently spent last night in hospital, he was targeted for a few “crude” challenges shall we say, before his departure from the pitch but keep making it up as you go along though it’s quite entertaining!!!👍🏻

Sorry to hear that hope he recovers OK. Guess he’s a major doubt for Saturday then?