Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

6 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

I’d actually disagree with most of that post, I thought Hussain was one of our best players on Tuesday and today he’s been decent.

Nditi has been pulled out of position trying to cover Munro. Other than that, he’s not done anything bad.

Cue either of them making a massive mistake this half.

On another note, some of our younger fans spend more time trying to pick fights with other fans than watching the game. Acting like idiots is what led to them being given into trouble before, why repeat it.

On that I actually felt Hussain grew into the game, second half he was much more composed & seemed to be better, albeit we conceded 2 more in the second half, can’t blame him for either.

Willing to give him a chance though, & hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by Loon From Outta Toon

I actually don't think a back 3 is a bad idea, not sure Thomson is good enough defensively as a RWB but would be worth a go. I think 442 we're not dominant enough in the middle and we get exposed when the fullbacks go forward.

352 would let us have an extra man in the middle so Slater could be the one of the middle 3 making things happen, Hutton to sit and Moore to be box to box. We still need another central midfielder.

Let's hope we can get Flanagan and Keatings involved against Stranraer and Dundee. We might as well experiment in these 2 games

11 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Tonight is the best chance Forfar have to get their first win of the season. So what's everyone's prediction: win, draw or lose to Stranraer?

Not too worried about the result ( but we could do with a win for confidence) would like to see the defence being a little more coherent and definitely need to see us create some more chances.

Tonight was tough to watch, it’s going to be a long season.

Only positives were Hussain and Abed looked decent, McCluskey (sans that penalty) and Armour when he came on.

Aitken yet again looking not interested and not hitting the target feels like hearing a broken record, Armour and McCluskey worked better in the short time they had.

Stranraer looked poor and if we struggled against them, I dread playing Bonnyrigg next weekend.

9 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

Tonight was tough to watch, it’s going to be a long season.

Only positives were Hussain and Abed looked decent, McCluskey (sans that penalty) and Armour when he came on.

Aitken yet again looking not interested and not hitting the target feels like hearing a broken record, Armour and McCluskey worked better in the short time they had.

Stranraer looked poor and if we struggled against them, I dread playing Bonnyrigg next weekend.

Would agree with that Armour and McCluskey together was the best we have looked going forward this pre-season. I also thought Hanratty in first half and Thomson when he came on looked quite sharp.

There is however, nothing seen so far that suggests we will trouble the promotion play-offs.

Hopefully we can get Flanagan and Keatings fit and on the pitch soon as that should add to our forward options.

Starting to worry that the Whyte injury could be a real problem.

It is really worrying times at the moment, on the pitch we don’t look good enough at all & some of the tactics have been baffling going back since the turn of the year; we fumbled over the line to get in the play offs in what was in a truth a poor league which ultimately has to fall down on the manager.  

I see no change whatsoever from Irvine, in fact I think we look worse this season(may be jumping the gun slightly as it’s still technically pre season) , I’m not saying he needs to go however he is going to need to shake things up & improve quickly. Start of in the league as poorly as we have done in friendlies & the premier sports cup then we’re in trouble. Can kiss goodbye to even any hint of a league title.

If Whyte is out long term again that is gonna be a massive blow, centre half needs to be the priority especially with the way Munro likes to tally up the bookings.

Injury Update (based on interviews and recent news articles):

Craig Slater - doesn't appear to be serious, should be fine for Saturday. 

James Keatings - could well make the bench on Saturday, should be fully fit by next week. 

Nathan Flanagan - not far off, should be available for selection in a couple weeks.

Darren Whyte - waiting for a scan, probably not his ACL again, but could be out for awhile.