Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

I'm away to bed, let's wake on a positive,,

f**k going to Falkirk on a Tuesday flights are not good 

eta - hands together for every loon who goes  .love you😍

Edited by SlipperyP

7 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
7 hours ago, RateofKnots said:
Still preseason, still counts for nothing.
Thats how it works, right?

From the sounds of it we were in the game, but the two late goals make it sound worse than it was. Definitely needing a couple of bodies in before the league starts

Thought we were doing okay for depth and then I looked at the bench. Realistically, you don’t want Sanderson, Harkins, Irvine or Hussain playing. Hanratty hasn’t looked brilliant but early days

9 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
10 hours ago, RateofKnots said:
Still preseason, still counts for nothing.
Thats how it works, right?

From the sounds of it we were in the game, but the two late goals make it sound worse than it was. Definitely needing a couple of bodies in before the league starts

Forfar moved the ball very well, and made things difficult for QP. I don't think you have too much to worry about as far as league preparation goes, especially if you can keep Slater on the park.

2 hours ago, lwh said:

Thought we were doing okay for depth and then I looked at the bench. Realistically, you don’t want Sanderson, Harkins, Irvine or Hussain playing. Hanratty hasn’t looked brilliant but early days

Yeah, central defence is a real worry depth wise. This time last season we had Munro, Anderson, Fisher , Hussain who could play there with Travis and Whyte to come back from injury. Also with Meechan and Irvine that could cover in a pinch. 

At the moment it is Munro, Whyte and Hussain with Nditi that could cover ( but we have no other right back) and a season older Irvine that could cover.

Would say we need at least two more defensive options.

What I've seen (nothing) and read (nothing), we looked good until they started scoring.☹️

Sure QP are a few leagues above but my coffee in the morning just don't taste good anymore.

Bring on the Accies.

BTW - we scored, which is bonus. (putting ฿100/ £2.50 in a tin for very goal this season). Kids day out in May.....

Also have ฿100 cash in hand for every win to the wee lad, this season. (Did it last season also). 

Never told him the score, just let him watch the highlights, it was as close as I could to be at the game.....his joy/disappointment on his face some Sundays 😍

Thailand Forfar Athletic Supporters Club (wish I was there)

3 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Forfar moved the ball very well, and made things difficult for QP. I don't think you have too much to worry about as far as league preparation goes, especially if you can keep Slater on the park.

Moving the ball and making things difficult are great. 

Scoring is better.