Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Just now, Bridie Vision said:

Good entertaining game, shame about the result, but it's only a friendly. Am worried that we'll not win any of the league Cup matches coming up though!

This is also my concern.

At my count we have 1 goal and 4 shots on target over 3 games.

Hopefully a more settled team produces more attempts.

This is also my concern.
At my count we have 1 goal and 4 shots on target over 3 games.
Hopefully a more settled team produces more attempts.

As much as no 8 out a few good balls in, he is similar to what we have and still a lack of creativity. Can’t see where that’s coming from, especially with slater dropping deep to get the ball

5 minutes ago, Loon81 said:

As much as no 8 out a few good balls in, he is similar to what we have and still a lack of creativity. Can’t see where that’s coming from, especially with slater dropping deep to get the ball

It's because of our lack of creativity that no. 8 looked so good. Slater playing deep just doesn't work for us, there's nobody for him to link up with, hence why he ends up being our holding midfielder, box-to-box and playmaker whilst Hutton or Harkins stroll around mistiming tackles. Moore is better than those two in my opinion but he hasn't clicked with Slater yet so is being a bit of a passenger.

As for striking options, well, the less said the better.

3 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:
28 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Good entertaining game, shame about the result, but it's only a friendly. Am worried that we'll not win any of the league Cup matches coming up though!

Don’t think he’s been kept on from what I could hear but could be wrong 

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

has No.8 got a name?

From listening to the players on the pitch no. 8 was called Josh, no. 14 was called Ryan. Both played at left wing. I think the RB no. 22 was a Cameron somebody. Couldn't hear or catch the CB no. 5's name. I'm sure we have some detectives on here who will trawl the internet to try and figure out these guys full names. If @lwhis right then we'll be signing none of these guys.

In other news, I'd like us to re-sign Stephen Warnock, he's signed an extension at Killie but hopefully they'd still loan him to us.

8 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Can’t believe we didn’t put the lights on tonight was dark when they took the penalties.

Also pitch is so much smaller this season.

The pitch is smaller probably due to the amount of aging players we have 🙈 though that’s more reason to put on the floodlights 🤣

From listening to the players on the pitch no. 8 was called Josh, no. 14 was called Ryan. Both played at left wing. I think the RB no. 22 was a Cameron somebody. Couldn't hear or catch the CB no. 5's name. I'm sure we have some detectives on here who will trawl the internet to try and figure out these guys full names. If [mention=80526]lwh[/mention]is right then we'll be signing none of these guys.
In other news, I'd like us to re-sign Stephen Warnock, he's signed an extension at Killie but hopefully they'd still loan him to us.

Difficult to tell from the photo on the Washington Huskies Twitter page but is the number 8 possibly Josh Jack? Him and Irvine would have briefly been at St Mirren at the same time.

Difficult to tell from the photo on the Washington Huskies Twitter page but is the number 8 possibly Josh Jack? Him and Irvine would have briefly been at St Mirren at the same time.

That’s him, def worth another run out.

Also thought Moore looked up for it last night, not saying he’s the saviour but he worked hard and showed some great bits of skill. I’d agree him and slater haven’t really clicked but definitely a better option than Hutton or harkins.