Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

55 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye I'm 99% sure that's Carlos Lyon himself (he changed his name by deed poll). He's been training with us.

FWXoUuCWYAAtZdL?format=jpg&name=medium

FCR_LEN_280622CaleyBravesvDumbarton.thumb.JPG.4f1b16a31e2e7391ecf798ab4a3b538c.JPG

If you can offer him a deal instead of us, that would be great. Wouldn’t want him at our club both for his ability and the fact he was found guilty of sexual assault.

9 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

If you can offer him a deal instead of us, that would be great. Wouldn’t want him at our club both for his ability and the fact he was found guilty of sexual assault.

Afraid I've had it confirmed numerous times by numerous folk that he was only training with us to get his fitness up after more than a year out. So he's all yours.

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

If it had been against a top flight outfit, it probably would have been dismissed as a harsh lesson. 

But this was against a team only a league above us.

Again, no one is calling for heads to roll, just that it was a brutal optic last night.

"Heads to roll"....🤣

https://twitter.com/DBuick22/status/1542073523098861568?t=kvOsVZuIDV-eSMNhGWYF8A&s=19

Ok the got a thumping last night. What did we learn?

What I don't understand is why we picked a full time team to be our first warm up.  Why couldn't we play Forfar West End or some team of the same calibre ....give the lads a run for fitness and some confidence of having shots and maybe even a few goals.

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Ok the got a thumping last night. What did we learn?

What I don't understand is why we picked a full time team to be our first warm up.  Why couldn't we play Forfar West End or some team of the same calibre ....give the lads a run for fitness and some confidence of having shots and maybe even a few goals.

I totally agree, start with a, hopefully, easy tie to ease them in then work up to playing a fit full time side who already have had games. Choosing the opposition last night was purely down to Gary’s pal being their gaffer.

24 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

I totally agree, start with a, hopefully, easy tie to ease them in then work up to playing a fit full time side who already have had games. Choosing the opposition last night was purely down to Gary’s pal being their gaffer.

McPake installing himself as bookies favourite in 18 months time for the Forfar job.

A bizarre over reaction in here to a friendly. Surely every football fan at this level has seen enough over to the years to know they mean absolutely nothing?

It's just players having a kick about, getting the rust off and going through the motions.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

A bizarre over reaction in here to a friendly. Surely every football fan at this level has seen enough over to the years to know they mean absolutely nothing?

It's just players having a kick about, getting the rust off and going through the motions.

I'm fully aware it's not fully indicative of the season ahead, but it's not exactly inspiring either.

15 hours ago, Neilly said:

12476546.jpg

3 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

If he stays fit, could be the difference.

Staying fit is the main thing there. On paper, great signing for league 2. Tbh id take a half eaten bag of scampi fries over Aitken at this point. 

1 minute ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Staying fit is the main thing there. On paper, great signing for league 2. Tbh id take a half eaten bag of scampi fries over Aitken at this point. 

It’s absolutely mind boggling the stick Aitken gets from some of our fans.

He finished our 2nd top scorer & had the most assists in the side.

18 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

It’s absolutely mind boggling the stick Aitken gets from some of our fans.

He finished our 2nd top scorer & had the most assists in the side.

And if he was any use he'd have scored twice as many goals. The amount of sitters he missed was infuriating. Never mind the amount of times he did the square root of f**k all.