Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

It if both, think Dunfermline are well ahead of us fitness wise as well.

This early in pre season fitness is pretty telling tbf, we beat Cove at the weekend and having that time together as a full time squad is undoubtedly beneficial. 

Despite it being a friendly and the run out supposed to be the main thing about it… what a shambles that was.

From the trialists on show, I’d maybe give the three that came on in the second half another look. Number 24 was unfortunate in that we didn’t get near the other goal in the second half. 5 & 22 seem decent and I wasn’t too impressed with 8 or 18.

No sign of Stef, PJ and Flanagan although the latter is apparently injured. Both keepers seemed to have a nightmare tonight. If we could sign more central midfielders to stop Harkins ever stepping foot on the pitch again that would be great.

I suspect a lot of expectations have been checked this evening.

Tonight was right up there with the worst performances I've seen from forfar. For those of my vintage, I'm thinking the 6-0 vs Stirling in 1995.

Leaderless, rudderless, listless, lacking commitment, second best in every challenge, beaten to every loose ball. 

1 minute ago, RateofKnots said:

Tonight was right up there with the worst performances I've seen from forfar. For those of my vintage, I'm thinking the 6-0 vs Stirling in 1995.

Leaderless, rudderless, listless, lacking commitment, second best in every challenge, beaten to every loose ball. 

There was certainly room for improvement. 

11 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Any positives?😂

Unless I’m mistaken, the trialist striker appears to be Isaac Layne. Looks very similar in the photo on Dunfermline’s Twitter.

If it is him, I hope we don’t touch him with a barge pole.

2 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

It's mental how seriously some folk take these preseason  kickabouts. 

You are right of course, but having seen plenty of friendlies before have rarely seen such a gulf between us and another non Premier League team. Perhaps this might have been better behind closed doors. 

24 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

You are right of course, but having seen plenty of friendlies before have rarely seen such a gulf between us and another non Premier League team. Perhaps this might have been better behind closed doors. 

Granted the result isn’t great but look at the squad we had out?

missing a couple key players, giving trialists a chance? couple of new lads need to gel with the current squad, few boys probably just finished work at 6 and had to get to the game for a 7:30pm kick off whereas Dunfermline are a full time outfit that have been training consistently.
It’s the first game back since the break. 

I’ll reserve judgement until we’ve got a full squad & playing competitively.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

These things happen. Look at the gulf between us and Annan in the league game, three weeks later they beat us in the playoff. I pay zero attention to what happens in the friendlies and league cup, where you get funny results. The league is the only thing that matters.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

11 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

Unless I’m mistaken, the trialist striker appears to be Isaac Layne. Looks very similar in the photo on Dunfermline’s Twitter.

If it is him, I hope we don’t touch him with a barge pole.

Aye I'm 99% sure that's Carlos Lyon himself (he changed his name by deed poll). He's been training with us.

FWXoUuCWYAAtZdL?format=jpg&name=medium

FCR_LEN_280622CaleyBravesvDumbarton.thumb.JPG.4f1b16a31e2e7391ecf798ab4a3b538c.JPG

4 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

It's mental how seriously some folk take these preseason  kickabouts. 

If it had been against a top flight outfit, it probably would have been dismissed as a harsh lesson. 

But this was against a team only a league above us.

Again, no one is calling for heads to roll, just that it was a brutal optic last night.