Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

6 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

I share pretty much everyone's sentiments here. Nditi, excellent! Brindley is fine but would've rather taken Strachan, however, as we discussed months ago, Strachan and Irvine had to have fallen out because he didn't deserve to be dropped.

Going for the title is brave but we should be fighting for it the whole season. Unlike the last 3 years there isn't a moneybags team in L2 to buy the title through massive wages.

Who do you think is favourite for the title?

Not sure there's an outright favourite.

Annan will be up there. You'd imagine the 2 relegated L1 teams would be looking to go straight back up. Stenhousmuir were close last season. Bonnyrigg might not have the cash that previous promoted clubs have, but they will get that new club bounce, you'd assume.

I hate to be a doom merchant, but in this league, I'd be aiming to get 30 points ASAP to ease any potential relegation worries, then go from there. 

Good bit of business from the Loons, Roberto is valued at 135,000 on transfermarket. 

As for winning the league...no excuses. If we don't win it and or get promoted, I think our next move will be downwards.

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Good bit of business from the Loons, Roberto is valued at 135,000 on transfermarket. 

As for winning the league...no excuses. If we don't win it and or get promoted, I think our next move will be downwards.

If there are 2 better clubs, that's not an excuse.

What held forfar back last year was an inability to put teams away. There aren't that many 20-25 goal a year forwards going around, even less that want to play in the 4th level of the pyramid.

I hope I'm proved wrong.

18 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Going for the title is brave but we should be fighting for it the whole season. Unlike the last 3 years there isn't a moneybags team in L2 to buy the title through massive wages.

I'm sure supporters and staff at every club, maybe out with Albion Rovers, Elgin and Bonnyrigg, will be expecting the same, which is why I think this year we could really see a bit of a ding dong league. It's inevitable that at least one of the leagues favourites will underperform (it was us last season) but it's gearing up to be a tight top 6 I would say with Stenhousemuir, Stirling, Forfar, Annan, East Fife and Dumbarton all having the expectation of winning the league or making the Play Offs.

14 hours ago, lwh said:

You couldn’t be further from the mark on Nditi. One of the very few who was there to see him play and he was unbelievably good at right, left or centre back. Excellent footballer and there’s a reason he was linked with everyone including hearts. He was by far the best outfield player in that very very poor team that season.

😅

16 hours ago, lwh said:

You couldn’t be further from the mark on Nditi. One of the very few who was there to see him play and he was unbelievably good at right, left or centre back. Excellent footballer and there’s a reason he was linked with everyone including hearts. He was by far the best outfield player in that very very poor team that season.

If Roberto helps us lift the trophy for the 1st time since 1995 then he will become a hero like the rest of them, its there for the taking this season ! 👍

Do you think we're going to sign anyone else, or dip into the loan market? We've had a very quiet transfer window which makes me think Irvine is content with his squad.

Also, are we releasing a new kit or just keeping the same 3 kits as last season?

49 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Do you think we're going to sign anyone else, or dip into the loan market? We've had a very quiet transfer window which makes me think Irvine is content with his squad.

Also, are we releasing a new kit or just keeping the same 3 kits as last season?

There’s a new home kit coming.

It has been quiet, fairly happy with who we have signed so far but whilst I think we’ll be top three I can’t see us winning the league without more firepower up front. 

46 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

There’s a new home kit coming.

It has been quiet, fairly happy with who we have signed so far but whilst I think we’ll be top three I can’t see us winning the league without more firepower up front. 

At this point, I'd guess it'll probably be loan signings, though a lot of teams are featuring trialists in their friendlies, so there might be different faces on show on Tuesday.

44 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Here's the style of Brechin's new kit, wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with this template for our new home
099a45f4771af88124c36f91acf1d4c3.jpg

Agreed, looked at Pendle's website and that is their new kit. So ours will be Sky with the white stripes.

Agreed, looked at Pendle's website and that is their new kit. So ours will be Sky with the white stripes.
Had a look too, suppose could be one of these depending on how strict they are being!IMG_1656276587.907255.jpgIMG_1656276591.891842.jpg

On 21/06/2022 at 04:20, SlipperyP said:

You have lost your (27 Yr old) captain to Darvel - surely a minus from last season ?

5 hours ago, the philosopher said:

You have lost your (27 Yr old) captain to Darvel - surely a minus from last season ?

Yes, he was our captain, but he was no where near our best player, very replaceable.