Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Has anyone ordered a section of the old pitch? I was going to but by all accounts it seems to be very poorly organised with the sections being on the big side, people turning up when told to collect it without it being ready to collect, not being told it’ll be too heavy for their car and a massive delay amongst other things.

Seems like a very badly thought through attempt at raising funds from the Community Trust.

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

2 year deals for Roberto Nditi & Tomas Brindley,  at least we’re not starting with Hussain & Irvine as our full backs…

CF13C0FD-46CA-44C0-AC64-06B84286E554.jpeg

409E8553-E336-4009-A626-D0EBC4F00A95.jpeg

It's a backward step on what we had.

Both need to imrove vastly this season.

I had high hopes for the title, the next 2 signings will have to be game changers.

12 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

It's a backward step on what we had.

Both need to imrove vastly this season.

I had high hopes for the title, the next 2 signings will have to be game changers.

Granted, its a more open league than it has been, but high hopes for the title was a brave outlook. This team needs goals. A lot of them. 

11 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Pleased to see Nditi back, not so much Brindley. Nothing against him but I still don’t understand why we are going to insist on playing a CM at LB. 

The manager still wants to play himself and Harkins, I don't think anything should surprise us.

Nditi is an upgrade on Meechan, buzzing with that. Brindley was okay but hoped we would be looking for better at lb. Anyway, full backs sorted, back on to the front end of the pitch.

Happy with these signings, there's a serious shortage of good fullbacks at our level. I'd have had Strachan ahead of Brindley last season but I thought he was solid. Nditi, though not good enough for full time is a good replacement for  Meechan who was decent but overrated IMO.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

47 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Happy with these signings, there's a serious shortage of good fullbacks at our level. I'd have had Strachan ahead of Brindley last season but I thought he was solid. Nditi, though not good enough for full time is a good replacement for  Meechan who was decent but overrated IMO.

I share pretty much everyone's sentiments here. Nditi, excellent! Brindley is fine but would've rather taken Strachan, however, as we discussed months ago, Strachan and Irvine had to have fallen out because he didn't deserve to be dropped.

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

Granted, its a more open league than it has been, but high hopes for the title was a brave outlook. This team needs goals. A lot of them. 

Going for the title is brave but we should be fighting for it the whole season. Unlike the last 3 years there isn't a moneybags team in L2 to buy the title through massive wages.

Who do you think is favourite for the title?

We finished 2nd, we should be going for the title, Nditi was one of the worst players I have ever seen during his 1st few games under the previous management  he certainly improved under Irvine but I still have no idea what position he actually is suited to....certainly not RB unless he has learned to do throw ins..

You would have thought after 30 games in the Championship, he would have got offers elsewhere?

If he produces his famous Dundee Utd performance then cult status is his.

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

We finished 2nd, we should be going for the title, Nditi was one of the worst players I have ever seen during his 1st few games under the previous management  he certainly improved under Irvine but I still have no idea what position he actually is suited to....certainly not RB unless he has learned to do throw ins..

You would have thought after 30 games in the Championship, he would have got offers elsewhere?

Actually agree with you for once on Nditi, I was rather unimpressed with his performances in the few games he played for us. Think however it’s just a like for like replacement with Meechan, as I feel both players are of similar ability.

Brindley signing is underwhelming also in my opinion, didn’t rate him at all when playing left back. A natural midfielder being shoehorned into left back is never a good thing.

5 hours ago, tbsouth said:

You couldn’t be further from the mark on Nditi. One of the very few who was there to see him play and he was unbelievably good at right, left or centre back. Excellent footballer and there’s a reason he was linked with everyone including hearts. He was by far the best outfield player in that very very poor team that season.