Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Kinda torn on Meechan, he is super consistent but as the Annan game showed there is better out there. He is under contract though so would think Clyde would have to pay something for him.

See Airdrie have released Jordan Allan, worth putting an offer in again as that is the type of striker we could be doing with.

54 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Had heard at the last game of the season up there he was looking to move back to a team in the central belt due to work so there may be some credibility in that.

Good player and we need right back would take him at LP 100%.

I can't see Gary letting Meechs go on the cheap, not unless Ross has a long chat with him.

Meechan is a good player, he's never going to be a star man but he will always do his job and do it well 90% of the time. Would be sad to see him leave but for a more reasonable work/life/football balance it's understandable.

Slight tangent: That's the issue with Angus (I know we're not as bad as Elgine for example) not many good footballers live in the Tayside area, so most signings are players who live in Glasgow/Edinburgh or within the M8/M80 region and therefore travelling almost 2 hours there and back twice a week after work, it's a heck of a commitment, and can often be a reason for turning down an Angus team.

I can't see Gary letting Meechs go on the cheap, not unless Ross has a long chat with him.
Meechan is a good player, he's never going to be a star man but he will always do his job and do it well 90% of the time. Would be sad to see him leave but for a more reasonable work/life/football balance it's understandable.
Slight tangent: That's the issue with Angus (I know we're not as bad as Elgine for example) not many good footballers live in the Tayside area, so most signings are players who live in Glasgow/Edinburgh or within the M8/M80 region and therefore travelling almost 2 hours there and back twice a week after work, it's a heck of a commitment, and can often be a reason for turning down an Angus team.

Is training both nights at station park?

21 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Is training both nights at station park?

It used to be Monday at St Andrew's University and Thursdays at Station Park, not sure if that's still the case?

But even St Andrew's is still a long journey for a Glasgow based player (for example).

20 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

It used to be Monday at St Andrew's University and Thursdays at Station Park, not sure if that's still the case?

But even St Andrew's is still a long journey for a Glasgow based player (for example).

Yes. Seems silly. Perth for us and it’s perfect. 

Jim Weir is back in work. He's announced as Elgin's Assistant Manager.

It's almost poetic, Gavin was Jim's assistant until Jim came to us. Gavin was given the head job and now Jim is his assistant!

Forfar news is so slow that I've now resorted to bringing Elgin news to us. Irvine must have a lot of faith in this squad - or nobody wants to join because Forfar is too far away (as discussed on this thread the last few days).

Nice to see something a bit different, expect that'll be 3 tough games although no idea what to expect from the soccer side, could be an absolute doing for either side.

Still no signings, and I haven't seen any word on either Jamie Ness or Lewis Sanderson, unless I've missed it? They're both on the squad list on the official site but I'd be very surprised if Ness stayed. Happy to see Sanderson stay as cheap back up

4 hours ago, nofixedability said:

F8DCD8C9-9EA9-47C7-9B9E-9070D1EF950A.jpeg

The Huskies appear to be a very good college side with multiple college league and Cup titles, however what level of quality they and their fellow colleges are like we'll find out in July.

It's certainly more interesting than say Formartine United or another Highland League team like we usually have a friendly against. 

We certainly have a chance against Dunfermline and Alloa, although to win all 3 friendlies will be a tough ask I reckon.

Makes sense if he can’t commit with his work schedule.

The fact he told Irvine by the time the season ends surely means Irvine must have a replacement lined up? Or just anyone? I’ll take Bryan Duell at this point.

Meechs will certainly be missed, seems like a really genuine guy. Assuming he'll cruise to the WoS title with Darvel next season as they do a Kelty & Cove and likely steam roll to L1.

It is worrying that there's not even been a whisper of a rumour who we might be after. At this rate next season we'll have Gary Irvine at RB and Gary Harkins at CM! 😱

12 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Meechs will certainly be missed, seems like a really genuine guy. Assuming he'll cruise to the WoS title with Darvel next season as they do a Kelty & Cove and likely steam roll to L1.

It is worrying that there's not even been a whisper of a rumour who we might be after. At this rate next season we'll have Gary Irvine at RB and Gary Harkins at CM! 😱

Captain material is that lad.

Mrs The Hunter went to the University of Washington, and I follow all their teams, so I'm very much looking forward to a wee trip up to Forfar after work that night to see them in action for the first time. Only been to Station Park for a woman's game before, so looking forward to a return visit as well. The Huskies are a very decent side in college soccer, but no idea how that will translate to playing a League Two team. They have had a few players drafted to the MLS in the past few years so I'd assume they'll be pretty strong, but will definitely be interesting to see how it pans out. See you all in four weeks!