Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

10 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Not sure he got unfairly punted.

he wasn’t better than the options we had, congratulations to him & all the best though.

ps you forgot Callum Tapping as well.

8 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Plus on Michael Travis I’m sure he asked to leave, due to not playing.

Oh yeah, forgot about Tapping, he was okay for us, better than Ouzy and Shanley for sure.

In my opinion I would've been playing him alongside Andy instead of Anderson, but yes, best of luck to him I hope Travs is enjoying his football, plus I also think it's a lot nearer to where he lives, so less travelling.

• 2 weeks later...

Not surprised to see both leave.

Thomas, as has been well mentioned, hasn’t had a fair crack at things this season when he’s been fit. He looked good this season when he did get games but the lack of minutes he got in the second half of the season was baffling.

Shepherd just isn’t a proper goalscorer unfortunately. He will run himself into the ground and actually challenge for things and I feel he was a better option than Matty but without goals he wasn’t going to be the main striker.

No mention of Lewis Sanderson or the forever injured Jamie Ness. Not fussed about Lewis as he would just be a back up, would prefer Ness to go elsewhere.

8 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I take it if Charlie Adam does come here it's to team up with Harkins in the Community Trust Walking Football league and not the Forfar first team?

😂😂

Guess the (8th) Hilly return will have to wait.
https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/dale-hilson-contract-extension/
It says several clubs were interested in his signature, wonder if Forfar were genuinely one of those clubs? Or, if it was just fan speculation.
I'd imagine we would be. Surprised he's staying at Arbroath after barely playing this season. Thought he'd maybe end up at Montrose

We've got Dundee again! It feels like we've had them in the Betfred/Premier Sports Cup for the last 5 years. Also, I noticed it's no longer split with a north & south section, so a midweek trip to Stranraer is possible. 

We've got Dundee again! It feels like we've had them in the Betfred/Premier Sports Cup for the last 5 years. Also, I noticed it's no longer split with a north & south section, so a midweek trip to Stranraer is possible. 
I get the idea of the split but it was getting pretty tedious with the same teams every year.
Aye, Dundee again though!

I see that we are laying a new carpet for next season.  Is this the same felt but new or an upgrade?

Any transfer rumours?

Is Harkins hanging up the boots?

As for the League cup draw and games, good for the supporters that both away games are the least travelling needed.

Hard group, ok no Prem teams, but the only group with 3 Championship teams and no league 1.  Good pre season workout if anything.

18 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I see that we are laying a new carpet for next season.  Is this the same felt but new or an upgrade?

Any transfer rumours?

Is Harkins hanging up the boots?

As for the League cup draw and games, good for the supporters that both away games are the least travelling needed.

Hard group, ok no Prem teams, but the only group with 3 Championship teams and no league 1.  Good pre season workout if anything.

Pitch: It is an upgrade (5G or 6G astro) supposedly the same quality as the Nou Camp training pitches.

Rumours: Nope, not heard anything. 

Harkins: He'll be our star player next season 😂 I think him and Irvine will both register as players again.

League Cup: If we beat Stranraer and manage to draw one of the other games will be as good as it gets I reckon.

2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Pitch: It is an upgrade (5G or 6G astro) supposedly the same quality as the Nou Camp training pitches.

Harkins: He'll be our star player next season 😂 I think him and Irvine will both register as players again.

League Cup: If we beat Stranraer and manage to draw one of the other games will be as good as it gets I reckon.

1. Does that mean we will be playing like Barca?

2. Irvine still on the piss in Magaluf

3. You just made me a little sick in the mouth

4. Nae beat one of the bigger team to make us feel good.

Harkins: He'll be our star player next season [emoji23] I think him and Irvine will both register as players again.

5g and 6g Astro don’t actually exist and are just terms used by the marketing departments of the companies supplying 3g.

8 minutes ago, Aidan said:

5g and 6g Astro don’t actually exist and are just terms used by the marketing departments of the companies supplying 3g.

I don't know about 5th gen or 6th gen pitches, but there is a difference between 3rd gen and 4th gen pitches, it's not just marketing bumph. 

16 minutes ago, Aidan said:

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't know about 5th gen or 6th gen pitches, but there is a difference between 3rd gen and 4th gen pitches, it's not just marketing bumph. 

After a quick Google - so probably not 100% accurate, because I have nothing better to do, 5G and 6G artificial pitches are variations of 4G pitches something about the difference in rubber infill. So I guess you're both kind of right, it's slightly different but it is also partly marketing bumph.

Whatever the case Forfar will have a nice new pitch, but will it help us win the league, I doubt it'll make any difference. 

1 minute ago, Bridie Vision said:

After a quick Google - so probably not 100% accurate, because I have nothing better to do, 5G and 6G artificial pitches are variations of 4G pitches something about the difference in rubber infill. So I guess you're both kind of right, it's slightly different but it is also partly marketing bumph.

Whatever the case Forfar will have a nice new pitch, but will it help us win the league, I doubt it'll make any difference. 

Aye, the 4th gen pitches basically done away with the need for the extra layer of infill.