Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Rambling post incoming!

What do you think are Forfar's objectives for next season?

If we stay in L2 then it's surely the title, as it should be an easier season as there won't be a moneybags club (Fraserburgh have some backing but nowhere near Cove/Kelty levels. They also have to overcome a suddenly in-form Cowden).

If we get promoted we're going into a stacked L1 as there will be Queen's Park, Kelty, Falkirk, Queen of the South and probably Dunfermline or Ayr (I reckon the Diamonds will go up).

Then we have Alloa and Montrose who won't be any slouch. What situation would you all prefer?

With the trapdoor in place would always be better as far away from it as possible. However, I would seriously fear for us in League One again without major upgrades in most positions. 

32 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

With the trapdoor in place would always be better as far away from it as possible. However, I would seriously fear for us in League One again without major upgrades in most positions. 

Absolutely this regards league one.

this team in league one would finish season horrendously, especially with the quality of teams potentially going to be in there.

there’s only a handful of players I think would be good enough for the step up, a major overhaul would be required.

2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

I highly doubt Fraserburgh will be in the leagues, as they still require to turn over a 3-1 deficit against Bonnyrigg Rose if they want to play Cowdenbeath for a spot in the division which will be difficult to do.

Agreed, I probably should have mentioned that most likely Bonnyrigg will play Cowdenbeath. But my point still stands, no moneybags club and Cowdenbeath will probably survive the drop so we should be winning L2 if we are there next season. 

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

KeltyHearts TV doesn't show the sending off at the weekend.

What happened?

I first heard it was violent conduct but the story now seems to be dissent, God knows what he supposedly said to merit a straight red?

I first heard it was violent conduct but the story now seems to be dissent, God knows what he supposedly said to merit a straight red?
I don't know but glad it's only the Stenny game he misses, I'd maybe have rested him for it anyway, Slater too.

On that, I'm always a bit weary of the balance of making too many changes as want to keep momentum but don't want to risk injuries. We don't have much room to manouever at the back for changes, but I'd start Strachan, Thomas, Thomson, Anderson and Shepherd on Saturday, maybe Crossan. I'd go for a 442 with Anderson up front to get folk game time

McCallum
Meechan Fisher Whyte Strachan
Thomson Thomas Moore Crossan
Anderson Shep

I think Gary will make less changes than that

32 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I don't know but glad it's only the Stenny game he misses, I'd maybe have rested him for it anyway, Slater too.

On that, I'm always a bit weary of the balance of making too many changes as want to keep momentum but don't want to risk injuries. We don't have much room to manouever at the back for changes, but I'd start Strachan, Thomas, Thomson, Anderson and Shepherd on Saturday, maybe Crossan. I'd go for a 442 with Anderson up front to get folk game time

McCallum
Meechan Fisher Whyte Strachan
Thomson Thomas Moore Crossan
Anderson Shep

I think Gary will make less changes than that

Straight red card so does he not miss the play off first leg as well then?

Keep a strong team and beat Stenny, keep the confidence high.  If anyone gets an injury, so be it....that fitba.

This is not a dead rubber, prize money at stake.

Edited by SlipperyP

18 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
24 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:
Craig Slater robbed of player of the season today.
anyone with half a brain knows he’s been our best player this season by an absolute mile.

Who got the awards? Baffling if Slater got nothing?

Goal of the Season - Andy Munro

Away Player of the Season - Andy Munro

Players' Player of the Season - Craig Slater

Supporters' Player of the Season - Andy Munro.

I think Slater was 2nd for all the awards except for the one he won.

14 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Goal of the Season - Andy Munro

Away Player of the Season - Andy Munro

Players' Player of the Season - Craig Slater

Supporters' Player of the Season - Andy Munro.

I think Slater was 2nd for all the awards except for the one he won.

Sums up how thick some of our fans are. 

It's obviously a travesty Slater not winning but not entirely a surprise. There have been some utterly baffling supporters players of the year in recent times.

Got to wonder if some people are actually watching the games.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz