Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

It says Stef is the 9th player under contract for us next season, trying to think who else is. This is what I think, fairly certain on the first 5, happy to be corrected by someone who knows. 

Marc McCallum, Ross Meechan, Andy Munro, Craig Slater, Stef McCluskey, Matty Aitken (?), PJ Crossan (?), Gary Irvine (?), Gary Harkins (?).

For the manager and coach (the 2 Garys) I think they were given a contract until next summer, whether they'll still register as players next season I don't know.

25 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

McCallum, McCluskey, Aitken, Munro, Meechan, Slater, Crossan, Thomson and Hussain are the nine under contract past May.

With the exception of Hussain, these are our key players. Very good sign for the future. 

56 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

McCallum, McCluskey, Aitken, Munro, Meechan, Slater, Crossan, Thomson and Hussain are the nine under contract past May.

Thanks.

30 minutes ago, lwh said:

With the exception of Hussain, these are our key players. Very good sign for the future. 

I couldn't agree more.

14 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

According to the club website Gary Irvine hopes to bring in 2 new players before our next match and Steven Anderson is possibly out for a few weeks with a dislocated shoulder.

Hopefully Whyte is fully fit now since we let Trav go.

On 15/01/2022 at 04:28, SlipperyP said:

Great news, the goal machine....@Dumbarton thanks

Incredible the difference a change of scenery can make to a player. Stef didn't score a single goal in 35 games for us. And only looked like scoring about twice.

I'm really pleased to see he's found his touch in front of goal again. His barren run with us certainly wasn't down to a lack of effort.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Ok 2 signing? Who?

Centre Half & a Left winger DEFENCE

eta - You don't win fuckall without a defence (not sure who said)

Gary has said he will not be making defensive signings, even with Steven Anderson out for a month or so we still have Fisher and Hussain as backups to Whyte and the legend Munro (😜)

A winger I think is on Gary's radar, as is a striker. He has also specifically mentioned a CM because Ness is injured for who knows how long and because Gallagher has returned to Aberdeen.

On 22/01/2022 at 16:42, Bridie Vision said:

Gary has said he will not be making defensive signings, even with Steven Anderson out for a month or so we still have Fisher and Hussain as backups to Whyte and the legend Munro (😜)

A winger I think is on Gary's radar, as is a striker. He has also specifically mentioned a CM because Ness is injured for who knows how long and because Gallagher has returned to Aberdeen.

Tbh Gallagher didn't bring that much (of what we seen).

We're chasing, but only smoke?