Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

4-3-3 is how we played against Cowdenbeath.

I agree with the various comments, I am a big fan of Matty but he appears to be bereft of confidence, the issue is Shepherd has been poor all season, Doris would get a hernia if he played more than 15 minutes, leaving only Stef, so you could play a lineup like this:

McCallum 

Meechs, Munro, Anderson, Strachan 

Ness, Slater, Thomas

Thomson, Stef, PJ/Grant

That's not bad but is Stef a lone striker? How likely does a Hilson loan move sound? 🤔

On 27/11/2021 at 21:04, tbsouth said:

Matty was responsible for 2 goals today,  his play of late has been dreadful, effort and desire zero, even Anderson and Stef would be a better option than the current front 2.

for once I actually agree with you, his performances have dipped, but he isn’t alone in that.

however what other options do we have going forward?

doris & shepherd are nowhere near good enough.

let’s be honest we’re not going to get a decent striker in in January, so Matty’s the only proper option.

Edited by Loon From Outta Toon
Spelling

11 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

4-3-3 is how we played against Cowdenbeath.

I agree with the various comments, I am a big fan of Matty but he appears to be bereft of confidence, the issue is Shepherd has been poor all season, Doris would get a hernia if he played more than 15 minutes, leaving only Stef, so you could play a lineup like this:

McCallum 

Meechs, Munro, Anderson, Strachan 

Ness, Slater, Thomas

Thomson, Stef, PJ/Grant

That's not bad but is Stef a lone striker? How likely does a Hilson loan move sound? 🤔

PJ is hopeless as well, he can’t even beat a man or create many chances.

Couldn’t imagine Stef as a lone striker.

Hilson can get tae f**k.

21 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

for once I actually agree with you, his performances have dipped, but he isn’t alone in that.

however what other options do we have going forward?

doris & shepherd are nowhere near good enough.

let’s be honest we’re not going to get a decent striker in in January, so Marty’s the only proper option.

Anyone know of strikers who might be open to a loan move in January that would be an upgrade on Matty?

4 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

We need a Baird / hilson type

@Loon From Outta Toon doesn't want Hilson, I'm fine for him to have his 7th spell at the club though. 😆

More realistically, however, if Irvine does look for a striker in January it'll most likely be an Premier league youngster from Aberdeen or Dundee or somewhere like that on loan.

12 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Holy shit. Hilly is surely in Forfar legend consideration. Fucking mental comment.

Hilly (please stop that), is NOT a Forfar legend.  I do agree, that it was a mental comment, but you didn't have to double up.

As for playing 1 up front, get that in the bin. 2 for me all day long at this level.

As the comment above from the Arbroath lad, our arses were handed to us, not a surprise seeing their results this season. Their 2 points of the top.

As for Hussien, not got a clue why he was playing in the first place, then remembered he played in the last round as well. Looks like he was getting the cup games to rest Strachen.  

Albion Rovers is more important for us than some Diddy Cup anyway.

Hilly (please stop that), is NOT a Forfar legend.  I do agree, that it was a mental comment, but you didn't have to double up.
As for playing 1 up front, get that in the bin. 2 for me all day long at this level.
As the comment above from the Arbroath lad, our arses were handed to us, not a surprise seeing their results this season. Their 2 points of the top.
As for Hussien, not got a clue why he was playing in the first place, then remembered he played in the last round as well. Looks like he was getting the cup games to rest Strachen.  
Albion Rovers is more important for us than some Diddy Cup anyway.

I did say consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

Any more of this 'I bored' pishe can get in the fucking bin. We're winning ffs, enjoy IT.

Forfar playing the shittiest fitbal ever and winning , is  love for me. When we win good, it's sex, when we win.............

I can't and won't bring back the 'good old days' this is what we have this is what WE LOVE.

Stop your negativity about play, we play to the standard we are at, we win more than not at the standard we win. 

WE ARE FORFAR. Bring your kids.

Guest mr_malcolm
Any more of this 'I bored' pishe can get in the fucking bin. We're winning ffs, enjoy IT.
Forfar playing the shittiest fitbal ever and winning , is  love for me. When we win good, it's sex, when we win.............
I can't and won't bring back the 'good old days' this is what we have this is what WE LOVE.
Stop your negativity about play, we play to the standard we are at, we win more than not at the standard we win. 
WE ARE FORFAR. Bring your kids.

U okay?

Boring football? Stuart Malcolm was boring football. We've played some nice stuff under Gary Irvine. Yes the performances over the last few weeks have been grinding out results, which we are getting, but we shouldn't be overly surprised by that, for a few reasons. 

Coatbridge last week was a dreadful pitch, you have to grind a result. 

It's winter, so the weather is cold, wet and dark, which affects games.

We're comfortably 2nd, every team we meet (except Kelty) will be more defensive because they know how good we are.

Me personally, I'm enjoying going to Station Park at the moment and long may that continue, it's a heck of a difference to last season when all we had was livestreams and losing every Saturday!

Moore was decent in a really poor team. I think he could be very good in a good team but centre midfield is probably our strongest position and as a player he’s quite similar to slater (although obviously not on that level). It’s a good addition but I’m not sure it’s totally necessary