Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

6 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

Hopefully Travis is just getting game time and will return, I understand GI not dropping Anderson or Munro as they’re playing so well collectively and individually but a fully fit and on form Travis is a very safe defence. If only they had delayed it until after Saturday as I assume Munro is banned after his red card at Foremartine. Trav looked great in that game.

That's right! I had forgotten Munro is suspended for Saturday. Will Gary play himself or Fisher alongside Anderson then?

2 hours ago, lwh said:

7th spell on the cards?

Everyone is asking for Gary to sign a striker in January! If Hilly did come back to the club, hopefully he wouldn't be a Steven Doris 2.0 - his injury ruining his career and returning 4x the size he was previously, if that's the case then we'll never sign a striker again from Arbroath!

Guest mr_malcolm

Hilson is injured and even if he was fit I don’t think there would be much chance of him scoring a hattrick. Think he will be on his way out soon.

Send him our way

4 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

The Red warning is for overnight but there’s still a good chance the game will get postponed

As long as it is decided we'll before the match. Either postpone it around 12ish or we play the full match. I don't want to arrive at Gayfield, get frozen waiting for officials to decide what to do, or worse the game kicks off but then gets abandoned after 15 minutes. 

If the game is postponed, when would it be rescheduled? The coming Tuesday or next Saturday?

2 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

As long as it is decided we'll before the match. Either postpone it around 12ish or we play the full match. I don't want to arrive at Gayfield, get frozen waiting for officials to decide what to do, or worse the game kicks off but then gets abandoned after 15 minutes. 

If the game is postponed, when would it be rescheduled? The coming Tuesday or next Saturday?

Agreed, I haven’t bought our tickets yet for that reason. I hope it’s played tomorrow or another Saturday, I used to love a midweek game under the floodlights but nowadays can’t be bothered with them especially away even if it is just down the road

On 25/11/2021 at 09:42, lwh said:

Munro is suspended for Saturday (sent off at Formartine) Hussain is a full back and he’s not great. Fisher has had even less playing time than Travis and also isn’t anywhere near as good in my opinion.

Hussain is a CB. Was highly rated at Motherwell until change of manager. Can fill in at LB.

Edited by COYR's
Clarity

If postponed it'll be Wednesday December 1st

I thought you did a lot better in the second half, mind you the game had gone by then.

Just remember that this is a very different Arbroath side to when we last met, we've just beaten Kilmarnock away and have beaten Partick 3-1, Hamilton 4-0 and Dunfermline 4-2 at home this season so not really any worse than those results.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

I thought you did a lot better in the second half, mind you the game had gone by then.

Just remember that this is a very different Arbroath side to when we last met, we've just beaten Kilmarnock away and have beaten Partick 3-1, Hamilton 4-0 and Dunfermline 4-2 at home this season so not really any worse than those results.

Not a knock on Arbroath, expected to lose,the manner we played/ defended in first half was not good enough though. 

Guest mr_malcolm

Aside from the fact that we were pish. You could tell Arbroath are playing at a higher standard every week. More zip and speed to their play .

Hussain up there with Mensing for the worst individual performance in recent years. Whole team weren’t much better though. Offered more in the second half and if we hadn’t conceded on the break we might’ve made a game of it but the first half was so poor.

16 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

When we get all players fit.

I’d like to see us try something like this, as it’s just not looking good enough with the recent performances.

952E9E5A-FACD-4579-881F-29575765EC94.jpeg

Matty was responsible for 2 goals today,  his play of late has been dreadful, effort and desire zero, even Anderson and Stef would be a better option than the current front 2.