Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest mr_malcolm
How are Stef McCluskey and PJ Crossan getting on? I notice that Stef has certainly found a touch in front of goal that was missing during his time with us!

I really like mcluskey , works his arse off and has a decent touch . Crossan can blow hot and cold but he’s pretty decent .

On 30/08/2021 at 23:56, lwh said:

If he can stay fit, Ness could well be the signing that wins us the league. 
Opens up new options, would like to see a 4-3-3 going forward. 
Squad is far too good for League 2.

Far too good for League 2 😂

Keep it up and you’ll only finish 36 points off the top 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Cup day tomorrow. Surely we'll win, and nit concede a late equaliser making us have to play on Tuesday night. 

Wonder if we'll play a full strength side or if it'll be rotatated.

Full strength, cup run could make big difference to club finances. Strachan and Gallagher being allowed to play in cup for us is helpful.

5 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Full strength, cup run could make big difference to club finances. Strachan and Gallagher being allowed to play in cup for us is helpful.

How is he getting on btw? Saw he put in a good free kick for your first goal against Annan last week. Happy to see he's a regular starter, though idk how your LB depth is looking lol

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

How is he getting on btw? Saw he put in a good free kick for your first goal against Annan last week. Happy to see he's a regular starter, though idk how your LB depth is looking lol

Ok so far, though not convinced he is a left back. He is however, part of a very strong, experienced defence so would imagine he is learning quite a lot.

We are clearly short in two areas with no decent cover for left back or centre forward these need addressed in January IMO.

10 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
16 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:
Cup day tomorrow. Surely we'll win, and nit concede a late equaliser making us have to play on Tuesday night. 
Wonder if we'll play a full strength side or if it'll be rotatated.

We must go full strength. Any replay would be next Saturday meaning a midweek trip to Stranraer instead!

That's even worse!

Definitely win in 90 and move onto the next round.

25 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

A 2-0 win, we'll take that. Into the next round.

Munro being sent off means he'll miss the next cup game, but will he also miss next week's league game?

Don’t think so for two yellows, but if he does we have cover at least.

Decent performance second half from us after a dire first half. Munro’s first yellow was fair but a second for dissent while technically not wrong was harsh given the amount of Foremartine players loudly abusing the officials. Looked a right sore one for Grant Anderson, our penalty in the first half wasn’t a stonewaller but the one we didn’t get in the second half most certainly was, the ref bottled it as he’d have had to dismiss their keeper. Foremartine never really threatened but seemed well organised, was chatting to a local at the end and said that, he said it summed up their season so far.

Hopefully a winnable home tie next round then a big draw 🤞

1 minute ago, theSilverFox said:

Decent performance second half from us after a dire first half. Munro’s first yellow was fair but a second for dissent while technically not wrong was harsh given the amount of Foremartine players loudly abusing the officials. Looked a right sore one for Grant Anderson, our penalty in the first half wasn’t a stonewaller but the one we didn’t get in the second half most certainly was, the ref bottled it as he’d have had to dismiss their keeper. Foremartine never really threatened but seemed well organised, was chatting to a local at the end and said that, he said it summed up their season so far.

Hopefully a winnable home tie next round then a big draw 🤞

I felt the first booking for Munro was slightly harsh. The second wasn’t for dissent, it was for his challenge but the referee somehow forgot he had already booked him.

How the ref gave us the first penalty but never gave us the second I’ll never know.

Stuart Anderson didn’t even attempt to kick the ball when he hurt Grant, it was obvious it was just a boot aimed at him. Same with the stamp on Ross towards the end from (I think) Hanratty.

Today’s ref was up there with the worst we’ve had for a while.

Hussain looked decent at LB especially having not playing many minutes this season. McCluskey was my man of the match for today. 

18 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Ok so far, though not convinced he is a left back. He is however, part of a very strong, experienced defence so would imagine he is learning quite a lot.

We are clearly short in two areas with no decent cover for left back or centre forward these need addressed in January IMO.

As shown yesterday, we don't have left back and as for centre forward, I've printed your post off and stuck it to our penalty kings toilet door. Gon the Shep!

16 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Glad they but plenty of replays in the highlights, let's us have a proper look at the referee's howling mistakes!

Andy Munro’s two yellows probably fair, utter embarrassment for the ref not recognising immediately that he’d already booked Andy, the assault on Grant Anderson is a straight red in my opinion and their goalie should have been off for taking out McCluskey and a penalty given. 

18 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

Andy Munro’s two yellows probably fair, utter embarrassment for the ref not recognising immediately that he’d already booked Andy, the assault on Grant Anderson is a straight red in my opinion and their goalie should have been off for taking out McCluskey and a penalty given. 

I see on the Scottish Cup Youtube channel they never showed off the controversial moments.

That kick on Anderson is a straight red in the rules, no attempt at the ball.