Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Sad to see a true talisman of Scottish football being talked about like this. When he was at it, there was not many in Scotland that could keep him at bay. Thankfully he's more at Forfar for the coaching aspect than playing.

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sad to see a true talisman of Scottish football being talked about like this. When he was at it, there was not many in Scotland that could keep him at bay. Thankfully he's more at Forfar for the coaching aspect than playing.

Yes, I agree he is here for his coaching, I'm just not sure why we play him even in this cup, surely given someone like Shephard more game time would be more beneficial.

Anyway, was not his best times at Partick;) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mr_malcolm
Just being nosey, but is Jamie Ness already injured? Notice he wasn't in Saturday's squad at all. Hope that's not the case!

Could be , match preview had said there was an injury or 2 but weren’t named

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Sorry all I can see on facebook is Shite I'm the Chairman, thank you

4 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

A load of something about nothing

I never said it was a riveting read or that it was insightful.

It's quite clear that the chairman likes to stay in the background unlike some previous chairmen.

Edited by Bridie Vision
Spelling Mistake

58 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

How are Stef McCluskey and PJ Crossan getting on? I notice that Stef has certainly found a touch in front of goal that was missing during his time with us!

Both have been fine so far, Crossan looked good early in but injury has curtailed him. Ore recently. McCluskey if he could finish better would have had several more goals but has put in a good effort so far. Can also see why both may struggle at League One level though. 

Glad to see Dumbarton doing better this season after giving us a run for our money in the utter garbage stakes last season. Both teams definitely benefited from hanger of manager.

2 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Both have been fine so far, Crossan looked good early in but injury has curtailed him. Ore recently. McCluskey if he could finish better would have had several more goals but has put in a good effort so far. Can also see why both may struggle at League One level though. 

Glad to see Dumbarton doing better this season after giving us a run for our money in the utter garbage stakes last season. Both teams definitely benefited from hanger of manager.

That's Crossan summed up in a few words. Ability wise he could probably be a Championship player. He's just permanently coming back from injury and not fully fit/sharp, or just about to get injured again. 

Stef is probably a manager's dream. He might not be technically the best, but his workrate is ridiculous. His finishing was absolutely dire for us mind you - no goals in 35 appearances speaks for itself in that regard, so I'm not surprised he's missed a few chances. Glad he's finally ended his goal drought!

I think both clubs needed a serious freshen up. Clear the decks, get a new man at the helm and try and get a bit of enthusiasm around the place again. Hopefully that's as much the case at Station Park as it is at the Rock. Now it's just a matter of tempting the fans turned away by a pandemic and a few seasons of vile football back along.