Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest mr_malcolm
If he can stay fit, Ness could well be the signing that wins us the league. 
Opens up new options, would like to see a 4-3-3 going forward. 
Squad is far too good for League 2.

Kelty will win the league

2 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

Kelty will win the league

That maybe true, but f**k, why give in so early in the season? with this new addition, if he stays fit and someone starts to hit the back of the net, we will have a chance.

Absolutely stunning signing! With Slater and Ness that's good enough for challenging League 1 title, let alone a League 2 title. However, with their injury records it is quite possible they'll both be out together at some point which means a midfield of Archie Thomas (decent enough) and Harkins (not great!)

Irvine may choose to mix up the team for Saturday but back in the league he may opt for this type of formation. 

McCallum 

Meechan, Munro, Anderson (or Travis), Strachan

Ness, Slater, Thomas

Thomson, Aitken, Crossan 

With that midfield 3 being fluid so it could be a 4-1-4-1, a 4-2-3-1, or a 4-3-3 depending on who we're playing and how the game is panning out.

Aitken (if his form is down) could easily be swapped with McCluskey or maybe Shepherd.

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Chucking money about , big spending Forfar surely league title favs now 😁🤔

Goalscorers win leagues and quite a few teams have much better options than us. Goalkeeper, defence and midfield all strong but not enough up too to challenge for league IMO.

On 13/08/2021 at 17:33, Bridie Vision said:

I know it's a separate club and entity to Forfar Athletic but it was a shame to see that Forfar Farmington has folded. Guess they couldn't compete financially or recruit like the other women's teams who are attached to a larger men's football clubs.

Does that mean Farfar won't qualify for any more community funding money when the pitch needs replaced ? 

Guest mr_malcolm
Does that mean Farfar won't qualify for any more community funding money when the pitch needs replaced ? 

Back to the highland league forum.

9 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I don't know, I guess not because all the boys and girls teams either play at West End, the Myre or by the Loch. I also don't know if the public are allowed to book Station Park anymore, due to COVID, so nobody uses the pitch other than Forfar Athletic. 

Our pitch will need resurfacing soon, I think it's been 7 or 8 years since it was laid, I could be wrong though.

I don't know, I guess not because all the boys and girls teams either play at West End, the Myre or by the Loch. I also don't know if the public are allowed to book Station Park anymore, due to COVID, so nobody uses the pitch other than Forfar Athletic. 
Our pitch will need resurfacing soon, I think it's been 7 or 8 years since it was laid, I could be wrong though.

Depends how many clubs are affiliated and what type of team as to how much money is given out.
Ideally you're looking at all age groups including over 35yo teams, kids, youth, amateur, junior, senior and male and female.
Forfar West End amateurs have switched to Forfar Athletic to be part of the bove system.

What an exciting front 2 for the Raith game Doris & Harkins!

Gary is definitely using this game as an opportunity to rest some players.

Glad to see Gallagher back on the bench, so hopefully he'll come on for Slater in the 2nd half. That way he'll regain some fitness and allow Slater some rest.

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

If you keep him all year, McCallum alone will win the League for you. A larcenous performance, a truly outstanding player.

If McCallum was going to leave he would've left. Think St Johnstone were sniffing around about 3 years ago.

18 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

What an exciting front 2 for the Raith game Doris & Harkins!

Did Harkins pull out during warm-up? I noticed the BBC listed him starting but then later during the game McCluskey was listed as starting and Harkins nowhere to be seen? Not that I'm complaining. 

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

From the highlights Harkins was playing, which is fine in that cup. 

Also the sky blue shirt, navy blue shorts and white socks looked really smart.

I wouldn't have phrased it like that.

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Your positivity lasted long...

My thoughts are the same as the manager.  I couldn't care less about that cup game. We have bigger fish to fry. If we had won, I would take it, we never.  Let's focus on the league.

If he starts the next game.....but we all know he won't, so no point discussing that.

4 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

My thoughts are the same as the manager.  I couldn't care less about that cup game. We have bigger fish to fry. If we had won, I would take it, we never.  Let's focus on the league.

If he starts the next game.....but we all know he won't, so no point discussing that.

I've zero time for this cup either and would've been resting all our key players, that's why I've no issue whatsover with Harkins starting.

Thanks guys, agree with all of you not bothered that Harkins played as it's only for the Challenge Cup.

This Cup while it's a nice idea to have a cup for just lower league teams, the prize money is (I believe) pittance, so it really is more of an inconvenience than anything else.