Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

13 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Never really saw that much from him, barring a couple of good games when we were already relegated what did he actually do for us?

Thought he was decent on the ball, and could beat his man & delivery was good.

I mean you could sit and say that about a lot of players last season what did they actually do for us?

the whole season was abysmal.

Just think Scally could have offered something going forward this season.

Edited by Loon From Outta Toon

According to Twitter we lost to Brechin City again, last night. Murray Mackintosh scoring a penalty. Hope it was a very experimental side with lots of trialists because that's not very good to be losing to Highland League opposition again.

I see the Cove match has been cancelled due to some Cove players needing to isolate.

I wonder if we're going to have an interrupted season again with games being postponed due to COVID? Hopefully everyone will have been vaccinated so players won't need to isolate for 10 days.

I see the Cove match has been cancelled due to some Cove players needing to isolate.
I wonder if we're going to have an interrupted season again with games being postponed due to COVID? Hopefully everyone will have been vaccinated so players won't need to isolate for 10 days.

You still have to isolate even with the vaccine.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this potentially being the squad that we start the season with?

very wary defensively, although some decent players there. 3 of them are coming back from long term injuries.

we need a proper left back signed.

middle of the park looks good providing they can stay injury free.

biggest worry for me however is where we’re gonna score goals from again this season.

1CE2B12E-9321-4705-9925-8F3E8B28FBCB.jpeg

Guest mr_malcolm
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this potentially being the squad that we start the season with?
very wary defensively, although some decent players there. 3 of them are coming back from long term injuries.

biggest worry for me however is where we’re gonna score goals from again this season.

1CE2B12E-9321-4705-9925-8F3E8B28FBCB.thumb.jpeg.beb1cc981f9098d183f915fd62c5ec46.jpeg

That squad will struggle to make play offs

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

1CE2B12E-9321-4705-9925-8F3E8B28FBCB.jpeg

I imagine the LB and subby keeper will be loaned in.

Defence is solid for L2 in my opinion, although we are hoping Travis, Anderson & Whyte are just as good as they were before their injuries.

Midfield is good enough, however it could be susceptible to injuries. 

Up front if Matty continues in the form he had last season plus an actual fit Doris who can survive 90 minutes each week then we're decent, no outstanding but decent. 

I hoped for a league title this year but it'll most likely be a fight between Kelty and Edinburgh City for the title. We should get into the playoffs, but finishing 5th or 6th wouldn't be surprising. 

What I will say is, I'm fairly confident we won't do a Brechin!

16 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

That squad will struggle to make play offs

Have you seen the other squads? The league looks dire.

Strange we've signed yet another centre half. Still light in centre midfield I would say and missing an out and out goalscorer -- an Allan type --hopefully Irvine is working on it.

19 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

I hoped for a league title this year but it'll most likely be a fight between Kelty and Edinburgh City for the title. 

Ermm... City are a work in transition having got rid of three quarters of the team. 

Kelty will be up there granted but I'm backing Stirling to do well. Elgin possibly but they tend to be inconsistent. After that it's fairly open and everyone can probably beat everyone else.

1 hour ago, greendot said:

He was on loan to us last year. 13 matches, 3 yellows and a red were his achievements. 

That's very unfair and doesn't reflect Yusuf's contribution.

That is a very good signing for Forfar!