Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Does anyone know if the Forfar vs Cove friendly on 3rd July is restricted to season ticket only for home fans?

Any chance it will be available to stream?

I think it is season ticket only.

however we just announced a pay per view to watch the stream for the Dundee game this Saturday, so assuming that goes well I’d imagine they’d offer it for the cove game also.

5 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

I think it is season ticket only.

however we just announced a pay per view to watch the stream for the Dundee game this Saturday, so assuming that goes well I’d imagine they’d offer it for the cove game also.

Thanks, stream it will be for me then I hope.

We're home fans only to season ticket holders for our match on 6th July against Fraserburgh I believe.

2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Mark Hill leaves the club due to fitness issues.

886B1132-4A55-47F0-888B-5B4E1DF55D18.png

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest, whilst him and Doris were both well overweight at the start of the season at least Doris managed to lose a couple pounds. (Sounds like he's lost a lot more over this summer to win a new contract) but Mark Hill didn't shed any fat. Such a shame, Mark Hill was a fantastic player 3 years ago during his loan from Celtic, but that career decision to go to the USA backfired massively.

2 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Does anyone know any of the trialists for Forfar?

2 are our youth players. Number 3 is Luke Strachan (Gavin Strachan's son and Gordon's grandson) and 12 is Danny Strachan (no relation).

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Is Harkins contracted as a player as well as first team coach? Didn't expect to see him on the bench tbh, but welcome.

This was exactly what I was thinking.  As far as I know, he was/is hired as a coach.  Also, I see no Doris, we're a bit short for numbers, so he may just be warming the bench.

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

2 are our youth players. Number 3 is Luke Strachan (Gavin Strachan's son and Gordon's grandson) and 12 is Danny Strachan (no relation).

Thanks for that, having the grandson of Gordon Strachan would be cool.

1st half has been bearable, a couple half chances for Forfar, hitting the woodwork. Also, interesting corner routine we tried, standing everyone outside the 12 yard box and rushing in, typically the corner came in too late, so it didn't work.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Looks like we've got John Robertson on trial and he may have scored a hattrick for us yesterday. Any views? Doesn't look like he was a rip roaring success with yourselves.

Never really got a chance when on loan at us to be honest.

hard to judge as nearly everyone last season was rank rotten, hence why we got relegated.