Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

23 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well, you'll certainly be getting at least one or two loanees from us this upcoming season I'd assume, given that McPake has good relationships with Irvine, Robertson and GGH. Will certainly be rooting for you guys to make it right back up.

Any wonder kids sitting in your academy that'll get us promoted? 😉

I see Robertson is also staying on at Dundee as a youth coach.  Is that even allowed?  Seems strange to be employed by two teams in the same league structure. Probably happened before, but I can't think of anyone.

It’s fine I reckon. Derek Gaston plays for us and coaches at Kilmarnock.

10 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

New deal for Steven Doris, interesting to see if he’s got himself fit enough or not!

here’s hoping he is

He was only getting a new deal if he lost stuff weight and achieved a certain fitness level. Gary is supposed to be very big on fitness so Doris must’ve achieved it. 
Let’s hope Hill can do likewise as a fit Hill is really something.

4 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Any wonder kids sitting in your academy that'll get us promoted? 😉

Mulligan and Cameron are returning to Peterhead, and I reckon Robertson either stays with us or goes to a Championship team like Arbroath or something, while Anderson has basically broke through as a player for us. We have a fair few who are eyeing their way into the game and just signed their first pro contracts such as Jack Wilkie (son of Lee) or Cammy Blacklock, so I could see either of them or another getting a shot at Station Park. 

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I see Robertson is also staying on at Dundee as a youth coach.  Is that even allowed?  Seems strange to be employed by two teams in the same league structure. Probably happened before, but I can't think of anyone.
There'll be quite a few part time players coaching at full time teams. Andrew Steeves plays for Montrose and is an academy coach at Dundee United and our sports scientist Stuart MacFarlane does the same job full time at Kilmarnock whilst also playing for Boness.

21 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mulligan and Cameron are returning to Peterhead, and I reckon Robertson either stays with us or goes to a Championship team like Arbroath or something, while Anderson has basically broke through as a player for us. We have a fair few who are eyeing their way into the game and just signed their first pro contracts such as Jack Wilkie (son of Lee) or Cammy Blacklock, so I could see either of them or another getting a shot at Station Park. 

Wouldn’t mind taking Max Anderson on loan, not sure the drop in leagues would be great for him, but he’s a lovely player!

likewise for Finley Robertson, would love for him to come to Station Park, but he’s too good for league two level.

Wouldn’t mind getting Sam Fisher back on loan however we’ve got already a few options at centre half now.

think Callum Moore would maybe be a decent shout in league two, although I wasn’t that impressed with him at us during our relegation season.

There'll be quite a few part time players coaching at full time teams. Andrew Steeves plays for Montrose and is an academy coach at Dundee United and our sports scientist Stuart MacFarlane does the same job full time at Kilmarnock whilst also playing for Boness.

Peter MacDonald and Andy Little both coached at Rangers whilst playing for us and James Creaney is/was a coach at Hamilton.

I remember managers working at Edusport as well, Stuart McLaren, Barry Ferguson and a Colin Cameron were all involved whilst managing Stirling, Clyde and Berwick.

2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

That’s Murray found his level I think.

Not good enough for the higher leagues, he’s a decent enough squad player but he’s never gonna be a real threat or create much chances.

Taken six seasons to find that out ???? 🤔

5 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Taken six seasons to find that out ???? 🤔

In they 6 season he was rarely a starter.

he played a lot this season due to injuries in etc.

he’s a good squad player, he’ll run all day for you, but hes not quite good enough.

just my opinion, I’m sure other people will have other opinions on him however.

guess you can wait and see and judge for yourself 👍🏻