Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

I know it had been inevitable all season (and possibly would've happened last year via the playoffs if it hadn't been for Covid) but I'm sorry to see you guys officially go down today. This time two years ago we were the two on-form teams of 2019 and both sets of fans would've been hugely excited for what was to come in the new season. Crazy how much we've both fallen since then.

We'll have a great battle for the final playoff position in League Two next season ;)

46 minutes ago, speedframe said:

Relegated from, by recent standards, a very poor league one.

But in the end not by much, what could the outcome have been if we had actually tried to win games previously (esp. against fellow strugglers).

Lack of goals and chances certainly killed us in the end. Perhaps if Anderson and Whyte had been fit we might have had more confidence to commit bodies forward more?

All the best for next season guys. I really hope we aren't playing you next season. Mon straight back up. Good guys Forfar

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I know it had been inevitable all season (and possibly would've happened last year via the playoffs if it hadn't been for Covid) but I'm sorry to see you guys officially go down today. This time two years ago we were the two on-form teams of 2019 and both sets of fans would've been hugely excited for what was to come in the new season. Crazy how much we've both fallen since then.

We'll have a great battle for the final playoff position in League Two next season ;)

Doubly disappointed Dumbarton couldn’t win today would have at least made for a little excitement to finish an awful season.

By the way has there been a poorer triumvirate of matches than our clashes this season? Ramsbottom’s blunder the sole thing that could be remembered about them.

Edited by nofixedability

6 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Doubly disappointed Dumbarton couldn’t win today would have at least made for a little excitement to finish an awful season.

By the way has there been a poorer triumvirate of matches than our clashes this season? Ramsbottom’s blunder the sole thing that could be remembered about them.

Most of our games have been equally as brutal as that to watch to be fair. Our two matches with Peterhead especially :(

Interesting interview with Gary Irvine on the club website.

He hasn't made any comments about taking the management gig but he says he would be happy for the club to talk with him.

The fact it's mentioned on official club media makes me think the board might be keen on keeping Gary.

Would that be the right decision, probably not. But he might get a coaching role at least next season. 

Just to clarify, this is my ramblings and maybe reading too much into it.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

How has Irvine been overall for you? An improvement on the previous or fully playing a part in taking you down as well?

For me personally, he was part of the problem we went down.  Not good enough at this level anymore and played more or less every game.  

However as the manager, he has got some good results.  But, I hope he doesn't get the role permanent, then again I don't have a clue who would come in at this time as the squad is a shambles. Which means he will be appointed in the next week or two.  

Guest mr_malcolm
Gary has been one of the most consistent especially in previous weeks,  be good if he stays on in a playing-coaching role next season. To say he isn't  good enough is laughable really.

I agree