Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

On 13/04/2021 at 19:31, Deeloon said:

This was absolutely nothing to do with that chairman.

Try the outgoing chairman, the same guy who appointed this shambles, all have now departed and left the club in the sh*t.

I was referring to the downward spiral of the last few years and I’m well aware of who appointed Malcs. This has been coming since DC was sacked. A brief resurgence under JW that was fizzling out to Malcs taking over a team lacking in quality and the majority of the quality available to him were long term injured or left. I agree Malcs signings weren’t good enough and his time was up but he knew that too. Other than one good goalie, one very good goalie, Meechan and Irvine we don’t have much. Nudities looks good but hasn’t had a chance to make an impact yet. Doris and Hill should be great but both are putting their bathroom scales under too much pressure 

3 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

I was referring to the downward spiral of the last few years and I’m well aware of who appointed Malcs. This has been coming since DC was sacked. A brief resurgence under JW that was fizzling out to Malcs taking over a team lacking in quality and the majority of the quality available to him were long term injured or left. I agree Malcs signings weren’t good enough and his time was up but he knew that too. Other than one good goalie, one very good goalie, Meechan and Irvine we don’t have much. Nudities looks good but hasn’t had a chance to make an impact yet. Doris and Hill should be great but both are putting their bathroom scales under too much pressure 

Tomorrow we will have no centre half's, 2 full backs who are hopeless, a lacklustre midfield with little creativity and a striker who was a last minute panic buy and has shown nothing at home. The next appointment this board makes has to be right or it could spell disaster for the club and after the previous effort I am not holding out much hope.

4 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

With Dumbarton beating Clyde tonight I think that basically puts the nail in the coffin for our league now.

Too early to start a league two thread?

The thread should be renamed

Forfar Athletic news 2018 and downwards

8 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Pleasant surprise that. Irvine strolled it at centre half again and Scally was very good central. Hopefully we see more of that formation.

Still cant believe we've managed to get Tony Docherty in.

Yes it a very good scoop.  It just shows you that with someone who knows what their doing and have ideas of how to play the game can bring to a struggling team in 2 games.  Very impressed with the new formation and gave us more bodies in the middle of the park, meaning we were winning the ball in midfield/halfway rather than our own 18 yard box and then hoofing it to a lone striker.

Can we get out this mess, I don't think so, but let's at least have a fight.

The shift everybody put in last night was impressive. I'm not faulting the efforts of the team throughout the whole season, I genuinely think the squad have tried hard under Malky, but as has been said, the team had a gameplan and knew how to set up rather than sit back, getting deeper and deeper and never moving forward. 

I was very pleased with Scott Shepherd (think that's the first time I've said that this season) he was almost a Right Wingback. Attacking down the flank but in defence would slip into RB with Nditi moving centrally to create a back 5. But as soon as the threat was over he was getting up the park to try and join the attack.

Do you think Docherty would be interested in being the main man instead of McInnes number 2? If so, would he join Forfar or look for a bigger team?

3 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Do you think Docherty would be interested in being the main man instead of McInnes number 2? If so, would he join Forfar or look for a bigger team?

I think it would be a good place to start if he’s already at Forfar it means he probably doesn’t think you are to low for him. He would be a superb appointment and you may even get instant promotion back if you get a decent squad next year.

I think it would be a good place to start if he’s already at Forfar it means he probably doesn’t think you are to low for him. He would be a superb appointment and you may even get instant promotion back if you get a decent squad next year.

I agree, I’m sure many assistants think about giving it a go as managers. The organisation is a huge thing at this level.

The contacts he will have can only help us get players in, more ‘fit’ mark hill from Celtic than guys from lowland league. Appreciate it’s not a given either way though.

Sadly normal service resumed, the goals we concede are pub league at times, the words legends and dream team have been massively overused this season, even Bollan is beginning to look half decent when you see what has went on at the club this season.

Even at the best of times appointing a team manager is a bit of a gamble.
In our dire predicament this decision is crucial. Advertise the position (I'm sure there will have been many applicants already) and take the time necessary to try and make the best choice.

Think back to the situation the relatively unknown Tommy Campbell took on and the job he did turning things around. It can be done.

14 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

I have it on good authority that Rab Douglas is at the game tonight.

Assume it's a scouting mission. But for which players? McCallum perhaps?

Bugs me that,Big Rab can waltz in and watch the game but Joe public still not allowed in.

10 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Bugs me that,Big Rab can waltz in and watch the game but Joe public still not allowed in.

I agree, even our directors (regardless of what you think of them) can’t travel, the Clyde board won’t have been there last night, I assume, but a representative from a club unconnected to the fixture can take a seat in the stand.