Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

26 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Exactly. 
People remember what they want to remember.
When Baird scored against Raith in the play off semi final at Station Park, there was only one team going through until we went down to ten men. Now look at Raith.... 
The Jim Weir team that season was one of the best I have seen. Never been so confident walking up to Station Park that we would beat whoever we were playing...and we usually did. 
People forget how brutal the team was at the end of Campbell’s tenure. 

Jim Weir does get some stick from teams he has managed,one thing for sure he had an eye for a player and a good loan.

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Exactly. 
When Baird scored against Raith in the play off semi final at Station Park, there was only one team going through until we went down to ten men. Now look at Raith.... 
The Jim Weir team that season was one of the best I have seen. Never been so confident walking up to Station Park that we would beat whoever we were playing...and we usually did. 

That is fair enough but what about the team Weir assembled for the next season? Signing four players from an abject Brechin team was hardly a master stroke. Are you forgetting how brutal we were at the end if Weir’s tenure?

Guest bernardblack
15 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

That is fair enough but what about the team Weir assembled for the next season? Signing four players from an abject Brechin team was hardly a master stroke. Are you forgetting how brutal we were at the end if Weir’s tenure?

Give me Tapping and Jackson over some of the players we have today. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Barry Robson has an excellent full time coaching job and folk think he'll give it up for a part time League 1 job? 

To become a manager

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

What if Stephen Glass wants his own people in? Who to say he has a job at Aberdeen next year.

It's happening, all aboard the robbo. 

4 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Exactly. 

Must admit to preferring Dick's style of football, maybe that he just had more entertaining players to pick from.  His teams certainly scored far more goals than Weir's teams.

The team that Campbell left us still had Douglas in goals (who spat the dummy out and left) Swankie, Foxy, Yano, Denholm, O'Brian and Sanny.  I'd have them all back in a heart beat (in their prime obviously).  Something was definitely wrong on the pitch right enough, goals just completely dried up which was the big thing the previous season, goals from pretty much every position.

Our central midfield are so exposed. I'm a big fan of Murray Mackintosh but him and Moore aren't what we need at the moment. Mark Hill would be perfect, but sadly he's just a washed up pile of butter and nothing like he was 3 years ago.

Who's under contract for us after the summer, and therefore will be in our squad for League Two?

On 09/04/2021 at 08:40, theSilverFox said:

Malcs is very much a decent guy, he was a great player for us but fell short as manager. I wish it worked out for him, Barry and Foxy, who between them must have a combined service to our club of about 40 years. It’s a shame the way it’s fizzled out for all three.

Some have blamed this on a certain former chairman with a large ego who, for reasons known only to himself, had a dislike of a certain long term manager with a huge personality. I cannot disagree with this.

Malcs, Barry and Foxy, thanks for your years at the club, thanks for trying, deeply sorry it didn’t work out. #oncealoonalwaysaloon

This was absolutely nothing to do with that chairman.

Try the outgoing chairman, the same guy who appointed this shambles, all have now departed and left the club in the sh*t.

Super 50/50 draw at Friday’s Cup Tie
⚽️ Forfar Athletic vs Dundee United
📆 Friday 16 April 2021
➡️ Online entry is now open at: bit.ly/2G5S6Ey
👏 Playing the FAFC 50/50 not only gives you a chance of walking away with 50% of the pot but also supports the Club as it would on normal match days.
👍A second lucky ticket will win an amazing prize kindly donated by local electrical retailer www.colinmsmith.com
📺 This bonus prize up for grabs is a Panasonic 43” UHD Smart TV valued at over £400.
👏 Huge thanks to Jonny Smith at Colin M Smith for this support – Jonny is well known to many as a keen supporter of both the Loons and United (and other local organisations) through his family home electrical businesses in Forfar, Kirriemuir and Arbroath.
A reminder that entry closes at full time on Friday with the winner announced as soon as possible thereafter.
➡️ Enter the draw here: bit.ly/2G5S6Ey

15 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Great to see everyone really up for this, it's just like 1987 all over again..

I would normally be buzzing for a game like this, but sadly after the season we've had I don't have the same excitement. Hope it gives the Loons plenty of cash to invest in a quality squad for our League Two campaign under a quality manager.