Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Always a chance of a positive reaction from the squad following today’s news. See it so often when a manager departs. It’s not quite over yet. Seen some great escapes over the years supporting Clyde (and some monumental f**k ups to be fair). 

Most important thing is that you’ll be back, whatever happens in the next few weeks. Keep the faith. 

Edited by sydney
Added bit

Guest bernardblack
40 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Anyone else low key excited for tomorrow?

Hopefully we actually attack, play with a bit freedom & have more than 2 shots at home tomorrow.

I am. Dumbarton and Clyde “should” drop points...new manager bounce?

It will take some turn around to save the season now, but it's not impossible. 

The players have been playing with a degree of fear this year, and maybe this will free them of that a little. They aren't the worst bunch to have worn forfar shirts this century, and they clearly do have fight in them. 

Malks, Foxy and Barry have been tremendous servants and have played key roles in some very good teams. That should be how they are remembered. 

As mentioned by others, this rot was started by a rampant egotist who wanted to be seen as the man who got forfar to the championship, and felt ditching Dick was the way forward. 

However, the board haven't covered themselves with glory and the revolving door of chairmen doesn't exactly scream continuity and planning. 

45 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

As mentioned by others, this rot was started by a rampant egotist who wanted to be seen as the man who got forfar to the championship, and felt ditching Dick was the way forward.

I just dont get this argument. Jim Weir took us higher in League 1 than Dick ever managed while also playing better football.

"rampant egotist" 😂

Guest mr_malcolm
I just dont get this argument. Jim Weir took us higher in League 1 than Dick ever managed while also playing better football.
"rampant egotist" [emoji23]

Hi mr Donald

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Barry Robson, been rumoured to take over from next season.  

I have to admit, this rumour  was started in my head.

Get aboard.

Be the usual name pop up Barry Robson is always one same with Alec cleland.

Guest bernardblack
9 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

"rampant egotist" 😂

Exactly. 
People remember what they want to remember.
When Baird scored against Raith in the play off semi final at Station Park, there was only one team going through until we went down to ten men. Now look at Raith.... 
The Jim Weir team that season was one of the best I have seen. Never been so confident walking up to Station Park that we would beat whoever we were playing...and we usually did. 
People forget how brutal the team was at the end of Campbell’s tenure. 

Edited by bernardblack

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Barry Robson has an excellent full time coaching job and folk think he'll give it up for a part time League 1 job? 

What if Stephen Glass wants his own people in? Who to say he has a job at Aberdeen next year.