Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Just do a  Brechin and give the job to one of your senior players on a 3 year contract...😲

Joking aside Forfar  need to get their act together with this next appointment and get a manager in that can turn the club around,51 players in 18 months that is some stat indeed ridiculous for Malcolm to even be allowed to get that many in.As for potential managers Forfar could look at Ross Campbel he l would be an excellent appointment worked wonders under Sp and is a very good coach so am told,I hope it doesn't happen as he is a great asset to Montrose.Paul sheerin whats he up to getting kept with Stephen Glass new regime? 

56 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Well done on that, think it would have depressed me trying to work through that. Given the actual number of games that covers certainly shows one of our big problems of late.

6 minutes ago, David W said:

By comparison, Barry Ferguson used 55 in his first season and a half at Clyde.

I was going to go through his too as I thought him and Stuart Malcolm would've had a similar turnover over the same periods of time but decided against it because of the above :lol: 

Edited by C. Muir

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

I'm bored so had a quick study. Took over on 10th November 2019 according to BBC sport which would make the Scottish Cup defeat at yourselves on the 23rd his first match in charge. 

According to my quick skim of soccerbase (unless I've added anyone twice by accident), 51 players have played minutes under Stuart Malcolm at Forfar. List is in the spoiler below. Dare say there will be a few more too from subs who never took to the field to players never involved in a match day squad at all. Forfar fans should be able to add anyone missing from the list for they reasons (I could've added unused subs from soccerbase myself but I had already gotten into the rhythm of "used" players so couldn't be bothered restarting). 

Hide contents

Mark McCallum
 Ross Meechan 
Jamie Bain 
Darren Whyte
Michael Travis
Gary Irvine
Callum Tapping
Scott Robertson 
Jordan Kirkpatrick
Murray  Macintosh 
Dale Hilson 
Mark Docherty 
Ross Forbes
Andy Jackson
Connor Coupe
Russell McLean
Sean Burns
Matthew Aitken
George Stanger
Steven Doris
Ryan Shanley
Robbie Leitch
Bobby Barr
BJ Coll
Mark McKenzie
Jack MacKenzie
Sam Fisher
Daniel Scally
Scott Shepherd
John Robertson
Archie Thomas
Jordan Allan
Florent Hoti
Chris Antoniazzi
Cammy Breadner
Daniel Hoban
Mark Hill
Cole Starrs
Steven Anderson
Martyn Fotheringham
Kyle Dalling
Robert Nditi
Andy Munro
Callum Moore
Grant Anderson
Martin Scott
Jordan Northcott
Graeme Holmes
Scott Fenwick
Hamish Thomson
Michael Anderson

Saves me a job. That really is quite the list. Wow.

8 minutes ago, David W said:

By comparison, Barry Ferguson used 55 in his first season and a half at Clyde.

Staunch.

Guest bernardblack
1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Just do a  Brechin and give the job to one of your senior players on a 3 year contract...😲

Joking aside Forfar  need to get their act together with this next appointment and get a manager in that can turn the club around,51 players in 18 months that is some stat indeed ridiculous for Malcolm to even be allowed to get that many in.As for potential managers Forfar could look at Ross Campbel he l would be an excellent appointment worked wonders under Sp and is a very good coach so am told,I hope it doesn't happen as he is a great asset to Montrose.Paul sheerin whats he up to getting kept with Stephen Glass new regime? 

It’s a scary position to be in. Realistically we go down this season and I just can’t see us being anywhere near the L2 play offs...terrified we will do a Brechin

19 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

It’s a scary position to be in. Realistically we go down this season and I just can’t see us being anywhere near the L2 play offs...terrified we will do a Brechin

I wouldn't rush getting a manager at the minute to take over the next 7-8 games.Board might think get someone in quick and it might turn the season around and you boys stay up but i can't see it if I'm honest.Better of taking your time and getting the right appointment rather than rushing it.

3 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Are we able to recall Antoniazzi and what has happened to Archie Thomas?

Thomas injured, no idea why we would recall him? How many times did he start and can you name a game that he had an impact in? It will be interesting to see if the players react on Saturday or its going to be tools down.

16 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Thomas injured, no idea why we would recall him? How many times did he start and can you name a game that he had an impact in? It will be interesting to see if the players react on Saturday or its going to be tools down.

Ok thanks for the Thomas info.

Antoniazzi started so few games because Malcolm was erm a bit clueless. Stewart Petrie - having had him on loan before - clearly likes him. In terms of impact he came on against Montrose and scored a peach of a goal it's also difficult to have an impact when you're not getting on the park. The bottom line is he's better than anybody else we've got. 

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

9 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Ok thanks for the Thomas info.

Antoniazzi started so few games because Malcolm was erm a bit clueless. Stewart Petrie - having had him on loan before - clearly likes him. In terms of impact he came on against Montrose and scored a peach of a goal it's also difficult to have an impact when you're not getting on the park. The bottom line is he's better than anybody else we've got. 

Having watched every game he started, having watched his reactions after losing the ball etc I really do not get the 'best player' thing, the only position he could have played was a No 10 and a free reign, apart from that there really was nothing. The 2 Jordans must start and give us a bit of pace, midfield consists of take your pick atm, we need to get Meechs back to right back and stick with Munro and Thomson, a half fit Hill and Doris would be a big bonus but it's a bit off atm.

6 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Having watched every game he started, having watched his reactions after losing the ball etc I really do not get the 'best player' thing, the only position he could have played was a No 10 and a free reign, apart from that there really was nothing. The 2 Jordans must start and give us a bit of pace, midfield consists of take your pick atm, we need to get Meechs back to right back and stick with Munro and Thomson, a half fit Hill and Doris would be a big bonus but it's a bit off atm.

So play him in the No 10 and give him free reign then. 

Totally, I know some people aren’t fans of ‘luxury’ players, however they can get fans excited and often dig you out holes. I for one loved watching Dylan Easton, now maybe antonazzi isn’t that standard but think we all agree Malcolm’s reign has been drab!

2 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

We played 3 or 4 bounce games and he still never played there, anytime he played out wide it was apparent to me that he wasn't  a chasing back type, maybe a high flying Cove suited him better than a team terrified to make a mistake and get a rollicking from the sidelines? 

Like I say I am genuinely looking forward to seeing how we react.

Guest bernardblack
55 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Come on now he barely had a chance

Guest bernardblack
15 minutes ago, Loon81 said:

Totally, I know some people aren’t fans of ‘luxury’ players, however they can get fans excited and often dig you out holes. I for one loved watching Dylan Easton, now maybe antonazzi isn’t that standard but think we all agree Malcolm’s reign has been drab!

Agreed. 
I don’t think there are luxury players tbh. Just players who make the game look easy. 
People would rather have players who run about chasing after their own mistakes as they look busy. 

17 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Agreed. 
I don’t think there are luxury players tbh. Just players who make the game look easy. 
People would rather have players who run about chasing after their own mistakes as they look busy. 

We seem to have a high proportion of supporters who just want a team of headless chickens rather than something entertaining to watch. How folk wouldn't enjoy somebody a bit different like Easton or Antoniazzi just doesn't compute with me.

Guest bernardblack
21 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

We seem to have a high proportion of supporters who just want a team of headless chickens rather than something entertaining to watch. How folk wouldn't enjoy somebody a bit different like Easton or Antoniazzi just doesn't compute with me.

Yup. 
Give them a team of “willing runners” chasing balls down the channel and hopeful balls over the top and they would be happy.