Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest mr_malcolm
Jim Weir had us in the Div 1 playoff , since then it's been free fall, nothing to do with Donald and more to do with the last chairman who must have seen this shambles coming.

Campbell , then Petrie . Jim weir had 1 very good season.

Where is the current chairman? We could end up doing a Brechin if this isn’t sorted out immediately .

Stuart Malcolm seems like a very decent guy, but he was a weird appointment on paper given he was struggling at EK and I was surprised he lasted this long in the role. He must've had some turnover of players in his year-and-a-bit in charge too. If anyone fancies putting them in a list then I'd be fascinated to see it.

I hope, from a selfish point-of-view, that your next appointment is also a shocker 😉

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Stuart Malcolm seems like a very decent guy, but he was a weird appointment on paper given he was struggling at EK and I was surprised he lasted this long in the role. He must've had some turnover of players in his year-and-a-bit in charge too. If anyone fancies putting them in a list then I'd be fascinated to see it.

I hope, from a selfish point-of-view, that your next appointment is also a shocker 😉

Malcs is very much a decent guy, he was a great player for us but fell short as manager. I wish it worked out for him, Barry and Foxy, who between them must have a combined service to our club of about 40 years. It’s a shame the way it’s fizzled out for all three.

Some have blamed this on a certain former chairman with a large ego who, for reasons known only to himself, had a dislike of a certain long term manager with a huge personality. I cannot disagree with this.

Malcs, Barry and Foxy, thanks for your years at the club, thanks for trying, deeply sorry it didn’t work out. #oncealoonalwaysaloon

2 minutes ago, Willy_P said:

C65C44CC-19D6-4DD3-AD4E-02D8A242858A.thumb.png.a144d3e65b8dce7c7f5a3cf472068663.png

Thanks.

Sad to see anyone losing their job and all the best to them for the future.   It wasn't to be.  We definitely gave them a chance.

We move on and let's hope the next appointment can salvage something from the rest of the season.   We really need a boost.

Who would I have?  I've honestly not got a clue, I've been rather numb regarding fitba on the Forfar seen recently, in a daze some would say.  Who is available?

The correct decision.

In truth it shouldn't have gone on this long.

Agreed, wonder if they have someone lined up given the whole management team have gone. Had expected Malcs to go with Foxy and Sellars going til end of season.

Guest bernardblack
13 minutes ago, Loon81 said:

Agreed, wonder if they have someone lined up given the whole management team have gone. Had expected Malcs to go with Foxy and Sellars going til end of season.

Same here. 

Malcs is a lovely guy but he had to go. Will remember his playing days fondly 

We all know that the Forfar job came too soon for Stuart Malcolm, and he was definitely out of his depth. The fact that Barry & Martyn have also left makes me wonder who will take over?

Maybe Gary Irvine or Steven Anderson will take charge until the end of the season and then the board will choose someone else to prepare over the summer ready for our League Two campaign.

The fact the board are all completely surprised means they have no contingency plans as they were probably going to let Stuart have another season to see if we could win promotion from League Two at the first time of asking.

Finally, Malcs, Baz & Foxy are still fan favourites as @bernardblack said we remember their playing days fondly.

As one of the few on here who has had to suffer every minute of every game on a freezing cold terracing, I cannot say I am surprised,  the football has been dreadful and we are now in a position where the club are in danger of doing a Brechin.

Do we give it to Irvine and Anderson till the end of the season or do we get someone in now, whatever happens we need the players to start playing and not worry about making mistakes all the time, we have reached a pivotal moment here,  do we go up or do we go down, Saturdays game will now tell us a lot that's for sure!!

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He must've had some turnover of players in his year-and-a-bit in charge too. If anyone fancies putting them in a list then I'd be fascinated to see it.

I'm bored so had a quick study. Took over on 10th November 2019 according to BBC sport which would make the Scottish Cup defeat at yourselves on the 23rd his first match in charge. 

According to my quick skim of soccerbase (unless I've added anyone twice by accident), 51 players have played minutes under Stuart Malcolm at Forfar. List is in the spoiler below. Dare say there will be a few more too from subs who never took to the field to players never involved in a match day squad at all. Forfar fans should be able to add anyone missing from the list for they reasons (I could've added unused subs from soccerbase myself but I had already gotten into the rhythm of "used" players so couldn't be bothered restarting). 

Spoiler

Mark McCallum
 Ross Meechan 
Jamie Bain 
Darren Whyte
Michael Travis
Gary Irvine
Callum Tapping
Scott Robertson 
Jordan Kirkpatrick
Murray  Macintosh 
Dale Hilson 
Mark Docherty 
Ross Forbes
Andy Jackson
Connor Coupe
Russell McLean
Sean Burns
Matthew Aitken
George Stanger
Steven Doris
Ryan Shanley
Robbie Leitch
Bobby Barr
BJ Coll
Mark McKenzie
Jack MacKenzie
Sam Fisher
Daniel Scally
Scott Shepherd
John Robertson
Archie Thomas
Jordan Allan
Florent Hoti
Chris Antoniazzi
Cammy Breadner
Daniel Hoban
Mark Hill
Cole Starrs
Steven Anderson
Martyn Fotheringham
Kyle Dalling
Robert Nditi
Andy Munro
Callum Moore
Grant Anderson
Martin Scott
Jordan Northcott
Graeme Holmes
Scott Fenwick
Hamish Thomson
Michael Anderson

Edited by C. Muir

55 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I'm bored so had a quick study. Took over on 10th November 2019 according to BBC sport which would make the Scottish Cup defeat at yourselves on the 23rd his first match in charge. 

According to my quick skim of soccerbase (unless I've added anyone twice by accident), 51 players have played minutes under Stuart Malcolm at Forfar. List is in the spoiler below. Dare say there will be a few more too from subs who never took to the field to players never involved in a match day squad at all. Forfar fans should be able to add anyone missing from the list for they reasons (I could've added unused subs from soccerbase myself but I had already gotten into the rhythm of "used" players so couldn't be bothered restarting). 

Hide contents

Mark McCallum
 Ross Meechan 
Jamie Bain 
Darren Whyte
Michael Travis
Gary Irvine
Callum Tapping
Scott Robertson 
Jordan Kirkpatrick
Murray  Macintosh 
Dale Hilson 
Mark Docherty 
Ross Forbes
Andy Jackson
Connor Coupe
Russell McLean
Sean Burns
Matthew Aitken
George Stanger
Steven Doris
Ryan Shanley
Robbie Leitch
Bobby Barr
BJ Coll
Mark McKenzie
Jack MacKenzie
Sam Fisher
Daniel Scally
Scott Shepherd
John Robertson
Archie Thomas
Jordan Allan
Florent Hoti
Chris Antoniazzi
Cammy Breadner
Daniel Hoban
Mark Hill
Cole Starrs
Steven Anderson
Martyn Fotheringham
Kyle Dalling
Robert Nditi
Andy Munro
Callum Moore
Grant Anderson
Martin Scott
Jordan Northcott
Graeme Holmes
Scott Fenwick
Hamish Thomson
Michael Anderson

Well done on that, think it would have depressed me trying to work through that. Given the actual number of games that covers certainly shows one of our big problems of late.