Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack

It’s the stubbornness that really annoys me. The refusal to not even try Allan or Antoniazzi doesn’t make any sense 

54 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

It’s the stubbornness that really annoys me. The refusal to not even try Allan or Antoniazzi doesn’t make any sense 

I agree with you entirely. I know Canto can be a bit of a luxury player at times but he's creative, can go past his man and importantly get goals. I've said it before Cove should have signed him and played him in centre mid with Fyvie.

Jordan Allan looked threatening in L2last season all the times I saw him. Odd Malcolm would choose Jimmy Scott over him. How was Jimmy been for you so far?

55 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

I agree with you entirely. I know Canto can be a bit of a luxury player at times but he's creative, can go past his man and importantly get goals. I've said it before Cove should have signed him and played him in centre mid with Fyvie.

Jordan Allan looked threatening in L2last season all the times I saw him. Odd Malcolm would choose Jimmy Scott over him. How was Jimmy been for you so far?

The only reason I can think Malcolm doesn't play the likes of Allan or Antoniazzi is because they're "too adventurous and creative" that's why Jimmy Scott has become his favourite striker because he's a bloke that spend more time moaning and throwing elbows than making exciting runs into the box. The only creative player that gets any game time is Murray Mackintosh (who I'm a huge fan of) but I think the reason for that is that he's come through our development side and was breaking into the first team when Malky was captain and player for Forfar.

Dreadful stuff again, zero shots, the team he started with was awful, no attempt to try and win that game.

His signings on the whole have had panic written all over them, Jimmy Scott and the nomad Fenwick over the two Jordans an absolute joke, i hear the reason Allen doesn't start is because he doesn't do the right things without the ball, cliched managerial bullshit !! 

Any word from the chairman since he came in??

Hoban 

Meechan      Munro          Thomson           Coll

Scally        Moore          Irvine        Mackintosh

Allen                            Northcott

Nothing to lose, give it a go right from the start.

11 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Hoban 

Meechan      Munro          Thomson           Coll

Scally        Moore          Irvine        Mackintosh

Allen                            Northcott

Nothing to lose, give it a go right from the start.

I would rather have Baxter the Bridie in Centre Mid than Irvine.

As it stands, the only members of the squad to have scored a league goal this season are Jordan Allan and Antoniazzi who are both out of favour and haven't been given many chances.

With our huge run of games we are going to need to mix it up a bit, but in doing that we really need to identify a starting lineup that works as we've chopped and changed all season.

Guest bernardblack
1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

As it stands, the only members of the squad to have scored a league goal this season are Jordan Allan and Antoniazzi who are both out of favour and haven't been given many chances.

With our huge run of games we are going to need to mix it up a bit, but in doing that we really need to identify a starting lineup that works as we've chopped and changed all season.

They need to be played tonight. 

Guest bernardblack
45 minutes ago, Deeloon said:

Antoniazzia is too lazy and has zero pace, then again same as the two up front on Saturday. 

Honest question, what are you basing this on?

Would you lazily call him a “luxury” player? When in reality there are not any luxury players, just players who make the game look easy due to them being more talented than those around them. 

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Antoniazzi is literally the only creative player we've got.

Have you ever watched him play, live I mean and not on shaky TV? At this moment we need a team that will work its socks off, only position he can play is in behind a striker, I am sure he was more suited to an attacking Covd team rather than us.

45 minutes ago, Deeloon said:

Have you ever watched him play, live I mean and not on shaky TV? At this moment we need a team that will work its socks off, only position he can play is in behind a striker, I am sure he was more suited to an attacking Covd team rather than us.

I've seen him play live yeah.

Ahh the old "work it's socks off" cliche nonsense. No we need some quality in the side to give whichever strikers are playing at least a sniff of a chance and lets face it, not playing him isn't working is it? I also find the guy entertaining to watch.

2 hours ago, Deeloon said:

I'd put him straight into our midfield. We don't have many like him that wants to go past his man. Good luck tonight Forfar. Go get the W!

11 hours ago, Deeloon said:

Looks like my bet is safe, dreadful frontline

Certainly wasn't  my front two but isn't  it amazing what happens when you try to be positive for once! Massive game now on Saturday, take care of Ousman See and we could get a plum tv draw...