Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

4 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

2 goals = form forward at the moment.

As good as Doris is, cant argue his inclusion over Allan. 

As I said before, if Malc can get a creative player in, there are goals in this team.

He's got a creative player and has no idea what to do with him.

Thought Rose acquitted themselves really well over the 90.
Ta. We should have murdered Brechin but we let them into the game with two weak goals. Apart from those eight minutes I was really happy with how we played today, and in an ordinary year that would have been a replay. An opportunity for an upset blown.

Best of luck for the season and the rest of the cup, and I hope we don't see each other for a few more years!

Thought Rose acquitted themselves really well over the 90.
We actually played better in to the wind than we did with it. Felt we could and should have had a few more speculative shots on goal in the second half. Not much between the teams over an enjoyable 90 mins but 8 mins of madness in et put us to bed.
All the best for the next round. [emoji257][emoji257][emoji257]

On 06/01/2021 at 15:27, Jan Vojáček said:

If Barry Smith had left us over the summer (he was considering it given he still lives in or around Dundee) then Harkins was being sounded out to be our assistant manager. 

I really didn't think we'd see him back playing in the SPFL. But there you are.

On 06/01/2021 at 17:24, RateofKnots said:

If Harkins wants to play, he will get a team. 

Last I knew of he was playing in the WOSFL for Gartcairn. 

Overall a decent performance from the Loons today.

McCallum made a great save but was relatively untroubled, Rose's goal was just not clearing our lines in time.

Meechs is a decent CB now, however, hopefully he'll be back to RB soon.

Flo had his best game for us today and unlucky he didn't get a goal in the 1st half, excellent save from Rose' keeper to deny him.

Muzza was playing with confidence and freedom, I always prefer him in the middle of the park, was almost a number 10 at times today trying to get Doris' layoffs. He took his goal very well.

Shepherd out wide was unusual, I thought, but him and Barr were okay.

Doris as a lone striker doesn't work for me, he was holding up the ball but nobody was around him, only Muzza a couple times. He needs a strike partner, someone like Allan.

Talking of Jordan Allan, a penalty box striker, they weren't screamers but he was in the box and causing a danger, that showed with him grabbing an extra time brace. We all love Foxy and really glad he got his goal but as others have said Allan should've been on earlier and before Foxy.

All in all, a much needed victory. It definitely wasn't a 4-1 victory but we did edge it over the 120'. Hopefully this'll give the players a bit of confidence and we can start collecting vital points in the league.

39 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Well, all the best to him. 

It's certainly not one I would have predicted. Be interested to hear what Cove and Brechin supporters have to say about him.

Jimmy for us last season mostly sat on the bench but when he played he put himself about, worked fairly hard and all credit to him can find the net if he gets decent supply.

Thought L2 was his level and when I heard he left Brechin I thought he'd hang up his boots and call it a day. So, surprised he's signed for the Loons but all the best to him and Forfar

Edited by CoveRangers1922

48 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Jimmy for us last season mostly sat on the bench but when he played he put himself about, worked fairly hard and all credit to him can find the net if he gets decent supply.

Thought L2 was his level and when I heard he left Brechin I thought he'd hang up his boots and call it a day. So, surprised he's signed for the Loons but all the best to him and Forfar

I suspected this might be the case.

If he cant get game time at the worst senior club in Britain, not convinced about the viability of him making a positive contribution at a higher level. 

50 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

I suspected this might be the case.

If he cant get game time at the worst senior club in Britain, not convinced about the viability of him making a positive contribution at a higher level. 

Nah, he was playing every week at Brechin.

Relieved to get through but are the Board watching the same games as us? Can't see where any optimism comes from here personally. Can't get away from a poor 1-1 draw over the 90 minutes. Credit to the Rose but they were a mediocre side I thought. We were dire and blunt in the last third again in normal time providing no real service going forward and the tactics and substitutions? We really don't provide a threat from open play to opposing sides.  Clear message on Jordan Allan sent again-whats that all about?. Foxy on before him (?) and Antoniazzi even when the last third was dreadful. Not a single effort on goal second half yet again that I can remember. The stats on our games are awful and as has been said by others before, creatively we're devoid of ideas when we get into the other half. If the crowd was present at Station Park watching what has been served up every week............Unfortunately a new manager in place is well overdue and I would not have given Malcs the January window with whatever little finance/pennies we have available. Look what he has signed up till now and there is likely to be very slim pickings available/around.  A win today is nothing more than should be expected. But out in the next round on this basis and I can't see anything other than us going down from the league as many others feel. We're doomed, doomed I say..........drastic change is needed now albeit it's maybe I think already too late.....

12 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Well, all the best to him. 

It's certainly not one I would have predicted. Be interested to hear what Cove and Brechin supporters have to say about him.

Jimmy put in a lot of effort but due to the responsibility and expectations put on him to guide the young players around him , we probably didn't see the best of him . 

His touch wasn't the best and was as slow as a broken clock but apart from that he certainly wasn't the worst performer for us. 

Hope that helps . 😉

Guest bernardblack

It’s mind boggling how Allan and Antoniazzi can’t get anywhere near the team. The gaffer clearly has an issue with Allan which he needs to sort out