Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Apologies for perhaps appearing self-indulgent about my own club here, but has Forfar explained why Sam Fisher has stopped being involved in the team setup? Still showing up in training pictures for us so he's not injured or anything. Just wondering.

55 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Apologies for perhaps appearing self-indulgent about my own club here, but has Forfar explained why Sam Fisher has stopped being involved in the team setup? Still showing up in training pictures for us so he's not injured or anything. Just wondering.

The last time he was mentioned by the club was saying that he was injured. Strange.

Last mention of him was our game before east fife, where we would of thought he played but he was sidelined due to injury apparently.

On 31/12/2020 at 14:41, Jan Vojáček said:

First time for everything I suppose 👀

He actually had a good season with us but just couldn't oust McCallum after being injured at the start of the following season.

That said we had Darren Hill before Adam, anything would have looked half decent after that experience.

34 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Cammy Breadner & John Robertson’s loan deals end.
Can’t say they’ll be missed.

Cammy offered nothing, I think Robbo could've offered us something but no surprise that they're returning to their parent clubs. Hope Jack Mackenzie's loan is extended to the end of the season. 

30 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

We had Robertson on loan as you know last season.  Was hoping he would get some regular game at Forfar and press on but it doesn't look to have worked out. He's a bit raw, completely one footed and I'm not sure what's his best position is. Doubt he'll feature too much at St Johnstone.

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Robbo will find a decent side, we never played him up front in a 2.

See who is playing tmw evening.

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

3-2 last minute Muzza winner, Eric and Hamish centre halfs, Raoul and Harkins up front.

Gerry played well for Brechin though.

The score line is an improvement on the friendly earlier in the season. There is definitely quality throughout the squad. These friendlies on a Tuesday play a crucial part in giving those players on the periphery much needed game time in case they are called upon. I think the first third of the season highlighted that some of those on the periphery that were called upon when the injuries began to mount up although showed quality .... just didnt have the miles on the clock. Game time and experience is crucial especially for the younger ones Onwards and upwards. 

3 minutes ago, NewestLooninToon said:

The score line is an improvement on the friendly earlier in the season. There is definitely quality throughout the squad. These friendlies on a Tuesday play a crucial part in giving those players on the periphery much needed game time in case they are called upon. I think the first third of the season highlighted that some of those on the periphery that were called upon when the injuries began to mount up although showed quality .... just didnt have the miles on the clock. Game time and experience is crucial especially for the younger ones Onwards and upwards. 

"younger ones" Watson 39 and Harkins 36?