Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack
Thought Malcolm was a poor appointment at the time, very much a heart over head decision by the board because of his playing days with Forfar.
Correct me if you think I am wrong Forfar fans but I would suggest that to avoid relegation you have to make the change of manager now.

I think he has to go tbh. It’s grim saying that, but we will go down if this continues

I think he has to go tbh. It’s grim saying that, but we will go down if this continues
I was giving him some leeway because of the injuries but am coming around to the same conclusion.
After yesterday's game -
“It was an unbelievable effort from the guys,” he said. “They gave me everything I asked for."
If that's what he asked for, it'll be away days at Annan and Stranraer next season.

28 minutes ago, Kwaka Mal said:

I was giving him some leeway because of the injuries but am coming around to the same conclusion.
After yesterday's game -
“It was an unbelievable effort from the guys,” he said. “They gave me everything I asked for."
If that's what he asked for, it'll be away days at Annan and Stranraer next season.

Same. He has been unfortunate with the injuries but his teams, tactics, formations are not working ( and a pretty grim to watch). He needs a result from the next couple of games.

16 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:

Thought Malcolm was a poor appointment at the time, very much a heart over head decision by the board because of his playing days with Forfar.
Correct me if you think I am wrong Forfar fans but I would suggest that to avoid relegation you have to make the change of manager now.

The board have much to fault here, after the Weir experiment, we went for a fans favorite in Malky, I personally on many occasions sounded the fog horn with this appointment. But it pleases the fan boys on here at least.

First - playing 80 odd games does not make you a Forfar GREAT.

Second - taking a high flying lowland league team on a downward spiral, to then be offered the position of a 3 tier team, he must have wanked himself to death....

Third - ok, give him a chance, we don't know his contacts and so, so.  Well, sorry that has not happened, his signing have been brutal to say the least, his tactic are shambolic & his media (which I personally don't give AF) are now embarrassing.

Forth - Guy, had his chance, just like me if the board gave me a chance I would say yes.

Fifth - Thank Malky, goodbye

Sixth - Forthigham in until the transfer window (while we look for a new manager). my personal choice would be  Petrie (not happening) as we missed that boat, 2 appointments ago

f**k Mondays....

10 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Same. He has been unfortunate with the injuries but his teams, tactics, formations are not working ( and a pretty grim to watch). He needs a result from the next couple of games.

Yes, the injury situation has been the last thing needed, but it's the manager's job to confront these problems and deal with them. This has clearly not happened. I hope I'm wrong but the chances of a run of good results seems impossible with the mindset/game plans of the manager. New manager, new ideas, new start next season. Unfortunately I can't see it being in League One.

He's had a year at it now and results, performances and signings (one or two apart) have all been rubbish.

I can take getting beat but the manner in which he has us playing is doing my head in. Ultra cautious and boot it anywhere - no flow or plan going forward - how about 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. There's literally no chance is there?

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

Guest bernardblack
He's had a year at it now and results, performances and signings (one or two apart) have all been rubbish.
I can take getting beat but the manner in which he has us playing is doing my head in. Ultra cautious and boot it anywhere - no flow or plan going forward - how about 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. There's literally no chance is there?

No changes and he clearly has favourites which really annoys me.

14 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

The board have much to fault here, after the Weir experiment, we went for a fans favorite in Malky, I personally on many occasions sounded the fog horn with this appointment. But it pleases the fan boys on here at least.

First - playing 80 odd games does not make you a Forfar GREAT.

Second - taking a high flying lowland league team on a downward spiral, to then be offered the position of a 3 tier team, he must have wanked himself to death....

Third - ok, give him a chance, we don't know his contacts and so, so.  Well, sorry that has not happened, his signing have been brutal to say the least, his tactic are shambolic & his media (which I personally don't give AF) are now embarrassing.

Forth - Guy, had his chance, just like me if the board gave me a chance I would say yes.

Fifth - Thank Malky, goodbye

Sixth - Forthigham in until the transfer window (while we look for a new manager). my personal choice would be  Petrie (not happening) as we missed that boat, 2 appointments ago

f**k Mondays....

We need to quit with the 'Petrie' fantasy, that ship was in port but was cast adrift many moons ago.

When you see fans shouting to get Andy Munro back, then maybe just maybe desperation is setting in on and off the park.

3 hours ago, speedframe said:

Any chance of a snort of what you're on ?

2 hours ago, Deeloon said:

And end up like Brechin, no thank you.

I never said I want it to happen that way, I just think the board won't pull the plug on Stuart this season and yes a high chance we could end up just like Brechin.

23 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I never said I want it to happen that way, I just think the board won't pull the plug on Stuart this season and yes a high chance we could end up just like Brechin.

So if we lose every game nothing will happen?

We need to start picking up points, especially before the Xmas period.