Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack
One of the Dons lad.....could be up to 7 isolating.....if we lose the Hibs game then it's a total disaster.
This is going to be a complete farce as cases increase.....time to close all doors and wait for 2021

Factual?

14 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Although I couldn't care less about the League Cup it does seem a mockery to award 3-0 defeats against clubs who are only following the rules on Covid, no?

Not really sure what other options there are though. If you're postponing the fixture, when does it get played? 

Forfar could've got their whole squad tested and used the players who came back negative, but it looks to me like it's more financially viable to concede the game 3-0 and still collect your prize money at the end. You could've paid for the testing and had 10 players come back positive, meaning you've spent all that cash and still need to concede 3-0. 

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not really sure what other options there are though. If you're postponing the fixture, when does it get played? 

Forfar could've got their whole squad tested and used the players who came back negative, but it looks to me like it's more financially viable to concede the game 3-0 and still collect your prize money at the end. You could've paid for the testing and had 10 players come back positive, meaning you've spent all that cash and still need to concede 3-0. 

I think it undermines the credibility/integrity that's left of the competition. An effort could be made to rearrange the games rather than just hand out a walkover. 

18 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I think it undermines the credibility/integrity that's left of the competition. An effort could be made to rearrange the games rather than just hand out a walkover. 

Right, but when are you playing the game? Round 2 is played at the end of November, so you'd need to fit it in around League games, which yourselves and Dundee might not be keen on. Rules were changed for this season due to the virus and the clubs agreed to it.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Right, but when are you playing the game? Round 2 is played at the end of November, so you'd need to fit it in around League games, which yourselves and Dundee might not be keen on. Rules were changed for this season due to the virus and the clubs agreed to it.

It is tricky no doubt. As I said i'm not fussed about the tournament but these rules have completely undermined it, that's all.

If this happens before the final will there be a walkover then? There would have to be I suppose.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Nothing worse than a big name signing coming in and getting injured long term.

Yeah, on top of Travis’s long term injury and the new guy with covid central defence looking especially bare for next few weeks so can understand this loan. Some of the others maybe not so much though.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

Yeah, on top of Travis’s long term injury and the new guy with covid central defence looking especially bare for next few weeks so can understand this loan. Some of the others maybe not so much though.

Forget all about Travis aswell he will be a big miss for you lot.Doris not featured either?MUst be a concern what's up with him?