Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack
Jordan Allan is next [emoji404]

You sir, are always on the money.

Chuffed with the lack of messing about here. Squad number is growing nicely with players I’m excited to see.

4 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Don’t wanna get ahead of myself as we haven’t kicked a ball yet.
But Mr Malcolm is building a decent squad in my opinion, great blend of youth & experience.
Here’s hoping it all goes well.

I agree but I suspect the ever negative and anti-Malcs SlipperyP will not

9 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Why have we stopped signing fat players ? I had thought a waistline of 38 inches or more was a basic requirement at Station Park before any contract was offered.

All these signings haven't kicked a ball since March, so you might be pleased to see they're all 38+ come the start of the season 😋

Seriously, we've got a decent looking squad on paper, just hope they can deliver and gel on the pitch.

12 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

I agree but I suspect the ever negative and anti-Malcs SlipperyP will not

He was a very strange appointment (I'm not alone in thinking this) and has done nothing on the pitch to change my mind.  If he starts to win games, I will hold my hands up and say great job, I got it wrong.  I really hope I will be doing that this season.  He has no excuses as he has the squad.

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I like Slippy, not as much as he likes a tipple but he's an interesting poster.

Thanks, I don't post much as I'm out the loop (get all my fix from this forum) and not been to a game for over 10 years(still watch the game live on Flashscore 😀).  I just have a bit of fun now and again.

MALC OUT😱

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

He was a very strange appointment (I'm not alone in thinking this) and has done nothing on the pitch to change my mind.  If he starts to win games, I will hold my hands up and say great job, I got it wrong.  I really hope I will be doing that this season.  

I think we all know it was an appointment of the heart, what other team would appoint a manager who's mid table two divisions below, but Malks was always going to get the Forfar gig at some point, maybe it came too early but he certainly has the full support of the board and the vast majority of the fanbase. Now he truly has built his own squad, hopefully we'll see a much better team performance come the start of the season.

Malcs bore the brunt of Weirs misguided shopping spree at the Glebe. Judged on his own merits this time.

I think we all know it was an appointment of the heart, what other team would appoint a manager who's mid table two divisions below, but Malks was always going to get the Forfar gig at some point, maybe it came too early but he certainly has the full support of the board and the vast majority of the fanbase. Now he truly has built his own squad, hopefully we'll see a much better team performance come the start of the season.

From the club website. Provisional pre-season friendlies, whether any spectators will be allowed is unknown so far.

19th September- BSC Glasgow at Station Park 

26th September- Arbroath at Gayfield 

29th September- Brechin at Station Park 

Some fun fixtures facing local rivals the Hedge and the Smokies, as well as BSC.

14 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Agreed. Some good signings by Forfar. Interesting to see how the Loons get on this season.

Relegation candidates last season, promotion candidates this season, relegation candidates next season.  It's what we do.