Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack
I would have offered Baino a deal, think he is better than Coll, but with Meechan & Coll in the side I totally understand Baino looking elsewhere.
Tapping could've been good but he did get relegated with Brechin so no major loss.
Robertson being offered a new deal, understandable he's decent bench player who can fill in at defence or mid, if he turns it down I wouldn't be bothered.
Irvine being offered a new contract. NO! Waste of time.
McGuff leaving - I think McCallum is definitely staying, so him and Hoban are better options than Sam.
Aitken leaving - I really liked Matty but it's quite clear he's not League One standard, he'll probably disappear into the Juniors or leave football altogether.
Coupe leaving - This I am disappointed, I'm a big fan of Coupe's workrate and speed and how he liked to run at defences, something no-one else did last season. Yes he couldn't finish at all but I'd have kept him. However, he doesn't appear to be a Malky type player, I think he was a project of Jim Weir's to try and nurture.

Looking at our squad now, we need a central midfielder or two and a right winger (unless Muzza is going to be our right winger but I prefer him in the centre) and squad depth.

Coupe with a certain diving header at Gayfield that proves his finishing. Sad to see him go

Coupe with a certain diving header at Gayfield that proves his finishing. Sad to see him go

Usually agree with your posts but have to disagree with this.

Coupe was a decent option to bring on to run at the defence but offered little else.

Don’t think he ever provided much, 2 goals and 1 assist in his time with us.

Usually agree with your posts but have to disagree with this.
Coupe was a decent option to bring on to run at the defence but offered little else.
Don’t think he ever provided much, 2 goals and 1 assist in his time with us.

He was quite good at creating opportunities when he got on the park but you can’t blame him for the strikers failing to finish when your options are Rory Currie, Andy Jackson and Matthew Aitken

Most of his appearances were from the bench and it seemed like he very rarely got more than 20 minutes to do anything (if anyone has the stats on minutes I’m happy to be proved wrong) and it’s not easy to create much in 20 minutes when your team are already on the back foot

Guest bernardblack
I thought Bollan ditching Templeman was the worst decision ever.....it still is but Coupe departing is not far behind.

Bit of a stretch there

Was looking at stats for last season, well till it was cut short.
Noticed a striker from Musselburgh Darren Downie. Banged in a good few goals. Any one heard of him?
I live in Musselburgh and I've never heard of him.

4 hours ago, marksteinson said:

Was looking at stats for last season, well till it was cut short.
Noticed a striker from Musselburgh Darren Downie. Banged in a good few goals. Any one heard of him?

We don't need a non-league striker we've got an overweight Steven Doris! 🙄 

Hopefully Scott Shepherd is good striker he's done well for Edinburgh City, but didn't we sign Ouzy from Edinburgh and he's most famous for putting a penalty over the goal, over the Brechin stand and into space. 🌠 

We don't need a non-league striker we've got an overweight Steven Doris! [emoji849] 
Hopefully Scott Shepherd is good striker he's done well for Edinburgh City, but didn't we sign Ouzy from Edinburgh and he's most famous for putting a penalty over the goal, over the Brechin stand and into space. [emoji293] 

Was impressed with Doris , if he gets the correct partner to play off/with I think he will do well , also if Doris stays injury free
Don’t think the weights an issue tbh was overweight due too injury’s and lack of game time

18 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Hopefully Scott Shepherd is good striker he's done well for Edinburgh City, but didn't we sign Ouzy from Edinburgh and he's most famous for putting a penalty over the goal, over the Brechin stand and into space. 🌠 

Three years ago today, that ball is still orbiting the Earth

Was impressed with Doris , if he gets the correct partner to play off/with I think he will do well , also if Doris stays injury free
Don’t think the weights an issue tbh was overweight due too injury’s and lack of game time

Doris came back from his ACL injury in October/November 2018. Since then he’s had a full pre-season and he’s bordering on Ryan McCord levels of “well if he could get fit”.