Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

55 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

We look forward to it and crushing your chairman's hope of living off our supporters turning up. Hopefully we dont turn up to help your scummy club chairman. 

More Sevco lite rhetoric. Are all Weegies this thick?

We look forward to it and crushing your chairman's hope of living off our supporters turning up. Hopefully we dont turn up to help your scummy club chairman. 
You not changed your username yet?

Your anger would be better directed at those in charge of Thistle who have overseen the club finishing in the top 6 to struggling to stay in the championship the last couple of seasons.

You not changed your username yet?

Your anger would be better directed at those in charge of Thistle who have overseen the club finishing in the top 6 to struggling to stay in the championship the last couple of seasons.

Well said - valid point! [emoji106]

20 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I doubt your tinpot wee club could afford a first letter from a lawyer. Lol

Looks like we don't need a letter.

Partick Thisitle board have come to the realisation that they are a tinpot club and now it's down to fans to suck it up.

Enjoy preseason. Delicious

giphy.gif

On 16/04/2020 at 09:09, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Lol. You just keep deluding yourself there.

I will point out that our chairman's business hands out a fair bit of cash to local rival teams, local teams in general and local sports people through advertising and sponsorship.

Your chairman may or may not do the same but to suggest that ours is all about money for Forfar and screw everyone else, is a fair bit off the mark.

6 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I will point out that our chairman's business hands out a fair bit of cash to local rival teams, local teams in general and local sports people through advertising and sponsorship.

Your chairman may or may not do the same but to suggest that ours is all about money for Forfar and screw everyone else, is a fair bit off the mark.

They are, sorry were a sugar daddy club

Hopefully they stay up in the newly reconstructed league system, then we don't need to keep reminding them of how we saved their club from oblivion.

Some of the comments from Jags fans are frankly ignorant and embarrassing. Our chairman was open and honest about how and why he voted the way he did. His job is to seek the best results financially for our club and not to spare the feelings of fans of rival clubs. He did the right thing in this case and would not offer a huge fee for a player whilst not having the financial power to do so, unlike the powers that were in charge of Partick during the signing of Alan Morgan. That was despicable behaviour towards a fellow member club. If any Partick fans think that looking after our own club is wrong then have a long look at yourselves. Forfar Athletic owe your club nothing, in fact the opposite is the case, you still owe us tens of thousands of pounds after dishonestly depriving our club of our star player of the time and/or a very substantial sum of money. If you wish to boycott Station Park then so be it, your choice to be immature.

33 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Some of the comments from Jags fans are frankly ignorant and embarrassing. Our chairman was open and honest about how and why he voted the way he did. His job is to seek the best results financially for our club and not to spare the feelings of fans of rival clubs. He did the right thing in this case and would not offer a huge fee for a player whilst not having the financial power to do so, unlike the powers that were in charge of Partick during the signing of Alan Morgan. That was despicable behaviour towards a fellow member club. If any Partick fans think that looking after our own club is wrong then have a long look at yourselves. Forfar Athletic owe your club nothing, in fact the opposite is the case, you still owe us tens of thousands of pounds after dishonestly depriving our club of our star player of the time and/or a very substantial sum of money. If you wish to boycott Station Park then so be it, your choice to be immature.

Agreed re: Chairman statement. All clubs voted in their own interests.

Re: Alan Morgan, partly true in that Forfar did us a big favour at the time of Save the Jags (1998) by not demanding payment at a time they could have demanded it. 

Following a share issue we settled our footballing debts afaik including the balance for Alan's transfer.

FWIW I'll be backing the Jags at home and away where possible. I find the boycott talk distasteful but understandable in the context of a knee jerk reaction to the SPFL reso!ution. 

Anyway, I've good memories of visiting Station Park and I'll gladly attend should/ when the opportunity arise/s.

2 hours ago, Recsnotindodrill said:

What a player for Alloa as well, i thought he would have been a star for Forfar.

He could've been a star for us, and if our season hadn't been an complete shambles, post Weir's car crash (literal and metaphorical).