Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

47 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Stuart Malcolm was always going to be a Forfar manager at some point, however, I think unfortunately it has come a few years too soon. 

On a side note, I was chatting with a couple of friends of mine and we were trying to think who's under contract for Forfar next season, we came up with McCallum, Barr & Coll. Judging by that Malky has to recruit an entire new squad for our League Two campaign, which probably isn't a bad thing!

Sure Doris was an 18 month deal.

Stuart Malcolm was always going to be a Forfar manager at some point, however, I think unfortunately it has come a few years too soon. 
On a side note, I was chatting with a couple of friends of mine and we were trying to think who's under contract for Forfar next season, we came up with McCallum, Barr & Coll. Judging by that Malky has to recruit an entire new squad for our League Two campaign, which probably isn't a bad thing!
If we are relegated with a whimper, which looks a real possibility atm, Mr Malcolm should be nowhere near our club next season.

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

There is absolutely no chance McCallum would stay around in league two.
He’d easily get snapped up by a league one or championship side regardless of if he was under contract or not.

I completely agree we were just thinking who is signed up, yes Doris will have signed for next season as well. 

1 hour ago, speedframe said:
2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

If we are relegated with a whimper, which looks a real possibility atm, Mr Malcolm should be nowhere near our club next season.

As soon as Malcs name was in the hat then he was the boards No1 choice

If we go down then he will get a pre season to build just like Bollan

Who knows maybe we will go on a run and save the season?

I agree with the Moonster, we needed an older head to steady the ship and for the moment anyway the gamble is simply not paying off...and yes Bollan was experienced but a complete cockwomble and quite possibly the worst choice for Forfar Athletic manager ever.

Guest bernardblack

I’m really concerned now. Stranraer have two winnable games at home in a row against Montrose midweek and Clyde at home.

Guest bernardblack
Don’t get the need to bring in an untried youngster from Ayr when Matty is sitting on the bench his goals were good enough two years ago.

Exactly. It’s more annoying that he’s offered nothing so far, yet he plays every week and caused us to swap formations. It’s infuriating how loan players go straight in the team

Here's a curve-ball, would Sellars be a better choice as manager and have Malks as his assistant? After all, when Sellars was in charge for that match against Montrose after Weir's accident we actually played quite well and won. When Jim got back for the next game that's when we completely nosedived and ended up kicking Sellars out and bringing in Barry Smith - the worst moment of the entire season so far.

5 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

IMG_1087.jpg

Can we shove Malcs in there this weekend, and leave Foxy & Sellars in charge of the team...

Would be the ideal job for the steward that likes standing right in front of folk, bit of luck he would be divebombed by the Station Park shit-hawks & be shat on from a great height.

5 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Here's a curve-ball, would Sellars be a better choice as manager and have Malks as his assistant? After all, when Sellars was in charge for that match against Montrose after Weir's accident we actually played quite well and won. When Jim got back for the next game that's when we completely nosedived and ended up kicking Sellars out and bringing in Barry Smith - the worst moment of the entire season so far.

No

On 09/03/2020 at 22:25, The Moonster said:

Of course every appointment comes with a risk, but it's the level of risk involved that you need to be wary of. Malcolm appeared to be quite a risky appointment whilst the club were in a risky situation. Obviously you can only choose a manager from whoever is available at the time, but I can't help but think an older head with experience of relegation battles might have been a less risky option than appointing a complete rookie.

He wasn't a full on rookie, he had taken East Kilbride to the top of Lowland league in his first half season (obviously with someone else team), when he got his team together, they were sitting about 8th...hayhoo here comes Forfar.

On 10/03/2020 at 02:08, tbsouth said:

As soon as Malcs name was in the hat then he was the boards No1 choice

If we go down then he will get a pre season to build just like Bollan

Who knows maybe we will go on a run and save the season?

I agree with the Moonster, we needed an older head to steady the ship and for the moment anyway the gamble is simply not paying off...and yes Bollan was experienced but a complete cockwomble and quite possibly the worst choice for Forfar Athletic manager ever.

tb your better than this.  There is only one candidate for that #1 spot and I'm not giving him the pleasure of typing his name. c**t 

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

He wasn't a full on rookie, he had taken East Kilbride to the top of Lowland league in his first half season (obviously with someone else team), when he got his team together, they were sitting about 8th...hayhoo here comes Forfar.

tb your better than this.  There is only one candidate for that #1 spot and I'm not giving him the pleasure of typing his name. c**t 

Really not much in it.....Heggie had the fans support to begin with...Bollan did not.