Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

See we're joint 7th in the Pie and Bovril League 1 Buzz Index along with Peterhead. Suppose that sounds about right. Not amazing on the park but content with off the park ventures at the moment. A popular chairman, a popular manager (although he's not doing amazing at the moment) and coaching staff. Just hope we can survive the drop. At least we're nowhere nearn as bad as Brechin, understandably, the hedge is a very grim place at the moment.

Surprised Montrose are so high, there having a great season but would've thought Arbroath would be storming the buzz Index.

Anyone else find the Buzz Index interesting, or just me?

7 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

See we're joint 7th in the Pie and Bovril League 1 Buzz Index along with Peterhead. Suppose that sounds about right. Not amazing on the park but content with off the park ventures at the moment. A popular chairman, a popular manager (although he's not doing amazing at the moment) and coaching staff. Just hope we can survive the drop. At least we're nowhere nearn as bad as Brechin, understandably, the hedge is a very grim place at the moment.

Surprised Montrose are so high, there having a great season but would've thought Arbroath would be storming the buzz Index.

Anyone else find the Buzz Index interesting, or just me?

Aye, I feel real sorry for Brechin, when the Mo was threatened with the drop thru the trap door, a lot of Brechin lads came thru to support us. 

Good to see Arbroath doing great, as much as them and the Mo cannae stand each other, myself and some fans I talk with are happy for them. Miss having them in the league, Forfar and Mo attendances have dropped, no Smokies.

55 minutes ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Aye, I feel real sorry for Brechin, when the Mo was threatened with the drop thru the trap door, a lot of Brechin lads came thru to support us. 

Good to see Arbroath doing great, as much as them and the Mo cannae stand each other, myself and some fans I talk with are happy for them. Miss having them in the league, Forfar and Mo attendances have dropped, no Smokies.

If Brechin have to face Kelty i am sure there will be lots of Loons heading through to cheer them on against that shower.

On 17/02/2020 at 22:48, tbsouth said:

If Brechin have to face Kelty i am sure there will be lots of Loons heading through to cheer them on against that shower.

Will hopefully be plenty of the Mo also.

My pal who I usually meet at the Mo has started going to the Glebe (both clubs been at home on the same day in recent months)

6 hours ago, eibbod nehpets said:

Rumours that we're signing McCallum next season. What's he like? I take it his contract is up at the end of the season? 

59 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I really hope that doesn't happen. However, I thought McCallum has a contract until 2021.

His contract is until 2022, though I've heard he has a clause that if we're relegated he can be released. He has a good job here and came home so he and his partner are near their families now they have two very young children. Dumfries isn't exactly commutable from up here.

22 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

His contract is until 2022, though I've heard he has a clause that if we're relegated he can be released. He has a good job here and came home so he and his partner are near their families now they have two very young children. Dumfries isn't exactly commutable from up here.

But money talks. Im assuming he'd be offered significantly more than he's getting at Forfar. But him leaving would be a massive blow.

12 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Travis confirming on his Twitter he has a tear in his ACL. Finds out Monday how long he is potentially out for .

I assume he'll miss the rest of this season but how much of next season is the question. I guess Stuart Malcolm's one remaining loan signing will be a CB now.

Guest bernardblack
But money talks. Im assuming he'd be offered significantly more than he's getting at Forfar. But him leaving would be a massive blow.

I’m sure he’s on a fairly good wage with us

Mark McKenzie signs on loan from Ayr United. He's a striker so it's obvious Malks doesn't rate Matty Aitken, and, Ryan Shanley who we signed on loan is going to be out injured for a while.

Imagine he'll be on the bench and Forfar will start with Doris and Kirkpatrick tonight.