Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

We can't accuse the manager of just sitting back and making do with the squad he was left to work with. Looks like some hard talking from him and the players. Quietly confident that even although the new lads haven't had a lot of time with the squad, there'll be a buzz about the team. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out later.

I agree, let’s give SM and his team a fair chance, he inherited one helluva lot o cart horses and they had to be moved on.

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Planning for life in league two? It’s feb 2nd

I hope we do survive and I'll support Malky and the squad but have any of the signings made the fans go "wow, that's a brilliant bit of business"?

They haven't they've all been a little underwhelming. 

15 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Irvine outstanding today and the real MOTM.....everyone agree? 😉

I agree Irvine was outstanding and a potential candidate for MOTM but Dorris edged him and finally seeing Kirky being the player we knew he was is the right decision. Not a failure today even boys not playing in their natural positions.

3 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Not for me, he was good but Doris was what we have been missing for ages loved his efforts!

Doris was outstanding but Irvine was different class doing the dirty work that obviously nobody ever see's.

2 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Doris was outstanding but Irvine was different class doing the dirty work that obviously nobody ever see's.

Would have to say Irvine put in a great performance but overall that was a fine team performance. Doris put in a power of work, Barr I thought was excellent and Leitch shows promise. Tapping and Meechan great but Travis didn't seem on song. Raymond Grant and the sub 14 Johnston (?) were excellent for Clyde. Overall a fine and deserved Forfar win.

Must admit I was impressed with Irvine today, one of his better games.
Think having Tapping alongside him helped rather than the hinderance of Docherty.

Doris looked very good and had a good game.
Nice to see Kirkpatrick playing back to his best, give him a bit of freedom & confidence and he’ll come good still just need to persevere with a player like him.

Think we got a bit of luck at the end but we deserve a bit of luck the way the past few weeks have went.

Anyone know what’s up with Stanger?

Guest bernardblack

Irvine had a really good game but Doris and Kirkpatrick were men of the match for me.

Tell you what, it’s refreshing having a debate over who had the better game and there’s plenty to choose from!

Guest bernardblack
Watching the highlights again, maybe Doris is going to bring out the best in Kirkie, also thought Matty did alright when he came on.

I didn’t realise how similar Doris was to Hilson. Seems to have a bit more composure and a deft touch when needed. Exciting times

Jordan Kirkpatrick making the SPFL Team of the Week. Think that's the first time in a long while since Forfar Athletic have had a player in the TOTW. McCallum was probably the last Loon in the team of the week.

Really hope Saturday's victory spurs us on to survival, we need probably at least 9 points out of 15 from the month of February to give our chance of leaving the bottom 2 a boost and we've bagged 3 already, hopefully Peterhead is another happy day.