Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

16 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

TB is still clinging on to his claims that Hilly is a perma crock and was a bad signing for us the last time.
A quick look has him playing 64 out of 69 games in the league in his last stint st Station Park, almost all of them as a starter.

My point is he always seemed to be half fit for us(always on the treatment table)....but always struggled with injuries elsewhere.

25 minutes ago, basher brash said:
20 hours ago, Douglas Peel said:
What an admission! Your team could only muster a draw on January  11th,  against a team of "fatties".....what does that say about how good Raith Rovers are? Good luck to Steven Doris at Forfar.

Well we are top and ur at the bottom enough said

25 minutes ago, basher brash said:
20 hours ago, Douglas Peel said:
What an admission! Your team could only muster a draw on January  11th,  against a team of "fatties".....what does that say about how good Raith Rovers are? Good luck to Steven Doris at Forfar.

Well we are top and ur at the bottom enough said

Please read posts properly before posting! My team is in a league above yours.My point was ,to call Forfar "Fatties" the week after Raith could only scrape a draw against them,is beyond being dumb.

On 18/01/2020 at 14:09, mo83 said:

Reports I heard nothing like a 2 year deal.Not started a game since October and looks overweight big time in my opinion a gamble.

Regular football, weight will drop off

I see Campbell is claiming he has signed "the best striker in the league". Not sure what league he's talking about, not sure Campbell knows either. 

Hilson ain't no striker and despite the fact I'd rather he stayed, I can't say I'm overly fussed at him going.

I see Campbell is claiming he has signed "the best striker in the league". Not sure what league he's talking about, not sure Campbell knows either. 

Hilson ain't no striker and despite the fact I'd rather he stayed, I can't say I'm overly fussed at him going.

I'd agree he's not a striker but before Hilson's most recent stint at the club we were so much under the cosh for 90 minutes every game we were almost always going to concede.

When he arrived, his hold up play, work rate and running off the ball resulted in opposition full backs not pushing into and through our midfield, resulting in the defence being under a bit less pressure.

He'll be sorely missed.

Caveat: my boys play on Saturdays now so haven't seen much of Forfar or Hilson this season.

20 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I'd agree he's not a striker but before Hilson's most recent stint at the club we were so much under the cosh for 90 minutes every game we were almost always going to concede.

When he arrived, his hold up play, work rate and running off the ball resulted in opposition full backs not pushing into and through our midfield, resulting in the defence being under a bit less pressure.

He'll be sorely missed.

Caveat: my boys play on Saturdays now so haven't seen much of Forfar or Hilson this season.

You haven't missed much this season - two goals from open play and very little has stuck to him meaning it's coming straight back. His recent performance against Montrose was comical, he gave it away literally every single time he had it. I would never fault him for effort just think he's overrated by some.

Guest bernardblack
Moving on.

Courier today says we’ve had two bids knocked back by Airdrie for Dale Carrick, either not looking to sell.

Would be a decent signing. He’s featured pretty regularly for Airdrie this season I think?