Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack
You've got a good one there. He will do a number in league 1 when he's fit. 

Good luck stevie, forever an arbroath legend. Great guy and family too, count yourselves lucky. Hall of fame here you come. At least he never went to Montrose I couldn't of coped then [emoji23] 

Fingers crossed.

Hilson will do well for Arbroath. I’ve always said he was a championship player in a league one team

25 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Fingers crossed.

Hilson will do well for Arbroath. I’ve always said he was a championship player in a league one team

I’m not so sure, he’s been at Championship cubs twice before (St. Mirren and QOTS) and not made an impact. Hope it goes well for him but I think this is his level personally.

9 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Good to hear how much Arbroath fans rate Doris. Excited to see him play in the sky blue

He's always caused us nothing but problems playing against us but again fitness looks a bit of an issue.

We badly need some pace and energy into the team.

Good to hear how much Arbroath fans rate Doris. Excited to see him play in the sky blue

Problem is he has not been able to play regularly since coming back from a bad injury, which is understandable as we were flying when he returned and now we've jumped a league too he isn't up to pace. Could've done better keeping himself in shape too like but he'll know that himself

It's just been officially announced. Hilly has gone to Arbroath "for a five figure sum" plus Steven Doris. According to the Facebook post Hilly was probably not going to sign another contract with us so to get at least £10,000 is much better than him going on a free in the summer. Hopefully Steven Doris gets fit, and I agree with tbsouth, playing him alongside Coupe could be really effective. Although Coupe needs to really improve his finishing him harassing defences, creating spaces for a (hopefully) clinical finisher in Doris to score.

Really sad to see Hilly go but no doubt he'll be back as a 35 year old and finish his career at Station Park.

One Forfar legend leaves for Arbroath as an Arbroath legend leaves for Forfar, quite poetic and hopefully works out as best for both parties.

Guest bernardblack

I’ll miss Hilson and hope he does well. He’s always had injuries in the championship, so hope he stays fit.

Looks like he’s went about the move in a decent way, which is all you can ask really.