Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Montrose didn't appear to be carrying an extra ounce in their side whereas we have an abundance of extra pounds..

Becoming very obvious that there is not enough energy in the team this year. Whatever else Malcolm tries to get in in January we need some speed, energy and aggression - far to many passive plodders at the moment.

2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

Montrose didn't appear to be carrying an extra ounce in their side whereas we have an abundance of extra pounds..

This was very noticeable on some ploughboy players yesterday.  Loved it when Coupe went down and needed physio giving some wag in the crowd the opportunity to shout "give him a pie" to the physio.  No 6 (pretty sure it was) also looked like he'd been playing Santa and forgotten to remove the padding from under his Forfar top.

24 minutes ago, MO7S said:

This was very noticeable on some ploughboy players yesterday.  Loved it when Coupe went down and needed physio giving some wag in the crowd the opportunity to shout "give him a pie" to the physio.  No 6 (pretty sure it was) also looked like he'd been playing Santa and forgotten to remove the padding from under his Forfar top.

Clearly not Coupe who is thin as a whippet, must have been Jackson.  Second half fall off was very evident versus Dumbarton too.

Guest bernardblack

6 was Robertson surely? He’s hardly hefty

Stuart Malcolm said in his interview after Saturday that he was going to look into the loan market, me personally would like to see if we could get Mark Hill back. Was tremendous last season for us before he went for 6 months to the US. Also, he is probably a presence we're needing in the middle of the park.

Looks like you are getting our young defender George Stanger on loan for the rest of the season. Currently on loan with East Kilbride. A really good prospect IMO. Spent last summer participating in the FIFA Under 18 World Cup in Poland with the New Zealand squad. Looks like he may be part of the NZ squad participating in the Tokyo Olympics.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-loan-star-stanger-21189265?fbclid=IwAR3wqraESAIeDIyO4wkRZ7-1hq8nLNk504hmEJaHIiD5S2eYg9C-tufi3QQ

6 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Looks good to me, I'd agree with most of that squad. Nice to include a substitute's bench. 

6 hours ago, Alfie Olek said:

Looks like you are getting our young defender George Stanger on loan for the rest of the season. Currently on loan with East Kilbride. A really good prospect IMO. Spent last summer participating in the FIFA Under 18 World Cup in Poland with the New Zealand squad. Looks like he may be part of the NZ squad participating in the Tokyo Olympics.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-loan-star-stanger-21189265?fbclid=IwAR3wqraESAIeDIyO4wkRZ7-1hq8nLNk504hmEJaHIiD5S2eYg9C-tufi3QQ

No surprise Malks is looking at someone he had on loan at EK for reinforcements, hope this lad can make the step up. Would be nice to have a current U21 international in our squad.

Edited by Bridie Vision
Grammar

He’s on loan at East Kilbride not on a perm Dk how long his loan is there [emoji848][emoji848]

I more or less agree with this but would swap Denholm and Swankie around and have Coxy on the bench (instead of Andy Munro, I like Andy but not a stand out)
Just my tuppenceworth 

As much as I like Travis, he'd be a sub for me.
Dods in along side Malcs and no Munro.
Swanks on the bench is a bit bizarre too.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

As much as I like Travis, he'd be a sub for me.
Dods in along side Malcs and no Munro.
Swanks on the bench is a bit bizarre too.

All a bit political for me.

Dods was clearly the best defender we have had this decade I would have said and as good as Danny Denholm was he was not at the same level of Swankie.

10 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Swankie should have been in this no? How was the team picked?

Selected by the FAFC TV team I think. Swankie should've been in aye, I wouldn't have had Sellars who was outstanding for us but not so sure in the last decade. A couple of odd choices for the bench as well.