Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Guest bernardblack
Sounds like Forfar young team were causing havoc on the bus yesterday

Was away to ask what happened....”season tickets in the bin” comments from the younger mob

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Sounds like Forfar young team were causing havoc on the bus yesterday

I was on that coach. Some of the lads sneaked on some alcohol, (despite most of them probably under 18) and when told to hand over the rest they said they didn't have any. Only for the driver to find more alcohol in a bag that was left on the bus during the match.

They also said that the other fans on the bus weren't fans because they don't sing songs, and just moan.

David McGregor gave them a telling off when we all arrived at the stadium.

Me, personally, like the young lads they do create an atmosphere at games but they were idiots yesterday and took it too far.

Guest bernardblack
I was on that coach. Some of the lads sneaked on some alcohol, (despite most of them probably under 18) and when told to hand over the rest they said they didn't have any. Only for the driver to find more alcohol in a bag that was left on the bus during the match.
They also said that the other fans on the bus weren't fans because they don't sing songs, and just moan.
David McGregor gave them a telling off when we all arrived at the stadium.
Me, personally, like the young lads they do create an atmosphere at games but they were idiots yesterday and took it too far.

That’s a few times they’ve been detrimental to the club.

They need to learn the difference between creating an atmosphere and causing trouble.

If that bus had been pulled over by the police it would have been a serious issue for the club.

If that bus had been pulled over by the police it would have been a serious issue for the club.

It wouldn't be a club issue, it would be the driver and bus company who are punished.

The chances of a bus full of Forfar fans being stopped is slim to none tbh. It's normally a planned thing involving Old Firm supporters buses and the police will search them as they all pass a certain spot. FWIW I don't think the police would do a great deal other than confiscate the bevy or demand it's stored in the hold.

The club puts on a free bus and certain disrespectful wee gits can't behave then try and blame the club and the bus organisers. Let them bin their season tickets, the club has their money now.

They need to remember that it's not just the players that represent the club, it's everyone who dons the colours. If they can't behave legally and respectfully then the club doesn't need them. 

Back in the 80s and early 90s I was part of the "choir" behind the goal, we are largely still there, why? Simply because we created an atmosphere and generally behaved, youthful exuberance is normal but loutish behaviour isn't. There was a lot more of us back then too. Also, we didn't just sing The Bridie Dance, we danced it too!

I remember when the club ran buses during the 90s, the highland trips were the best, and as an under age individual, I found that if you didnt make a tit of yourself, and didnt mind paying full price for the bus and admission to the ground, no one really cared if we had a pint.

The kids on the post on Facebook are taking it all the wrong way and need to learn to take responsibility. Nobody is telling them they can’t create an atmosphere, more that they can’t take drink on a bus when they have already been told not to do so and that there’s a difference between creating an atmosphere and being morons and causing issues. I can see where they are coming from with the steward issue, especially when a certain steward comes away with homophobic abuse at away games but is still the head steward at the club.

Slating people who do things for the club and calling the club dead is not going to help them.

6 hours ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

The kids on the post on Facebook are taking it all the wrong way and need to learn to take responsibility. Nobody is telling them they can’t create an atmosphere, more that they can’t take drink on a bus when they have already been told not to do so and that there’s a difference between creating an atmosphere and being morons and causing issues. I can see where they are coming from with the steward issue, especially when a certain steward comes away with homophobic abuse at away games but is still the head steward at the club.

Slating people who do things for the club and calling the club dead is not going to help them.

Spot on.....interested to know how you actually become a 'head steward', is it based loosely on how mince you are?? 😀

I think the feel good factor has evaporated already judging by the FB post
Anyway back to Tuesday, i expect  a few changes to try and get something out of the game.
TBH I lost any feel good factor when reading Mr Malcolm's interview in the local press.

The one where he intimated the priority was to make us 'hard to beat' and 'tighten up at the back'.

Surely the priority is to establish some type of goal threat[emoji53]

5 minutes ago, speedframe said:

TBH I lost any feel good factor when reading Mr Malcolm's interview in the local press.

The one where he intimated the priority was to make us 'hard to beat' and 'tighten up at the back'.

Surely the priority is to establish some type of goal threatemoji53.png

TBF Malky is a defender so he knows we need to tighten up but surely if we dont have the players to do that (and we dont) then attacking would be the best bet, the more you keep the ball away from your own box the harder it is to score, nothing wrong with route one the position we are in.

8 hours ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

Having Foxy Sellars in to coach and Scott Booth finally finishing up his season to join the club, we should have a pretty decent cover of coaches to help the squad

No way we could keep his work shirts white crisp and clean....

I’ve got to say the clubs PR lately hasn’t been very impressive.

Firstly calling out their own fans in a manner which makes them look bad regardless. Surely engagement before posting on Facebook would be wise. Just ends up with mud slinging between factions.

And secondly posting a player is AWOL. You’d imagine they could have contacted his parent club or certainly kept it out of a match preview. Makes them look weak - can’t control their players.

Both things for me makes them look amateur. Not really what you want when we’re in a relegation battle. I’d chuck MacPhee but wouldn’t post he’s gone AWOL.

On 25/11/2019 at 10:46, iamnotgarybollan said:

This sounds like almost a carbon copy of the wee wanks we got down during our last season in the Championship. They made a lot of noise and were very boisterous, but they were essentially Union Bears/Green Brigade without the bus fare. We had weeks of back and forth with them on here or on Facebook, the club even invited them down for a meeting to try and clear the air and tell them what is expected of Dumbarton supporters after the toilets were "trashed" at Airdrie and there had been a few of the lads caught sneaking cans into games (among other silly behaviour). They would rip the piss out of Dumbarton fans on facebook and goad them into reactions, really strange behaviour. Their association ended after the play-offs when they were slated for lobbing drum sticks and other missiles at the Alloa team as they celebrated their equaliser - none of them have been seen again.

Last season we got a new, younger bunch (around 11-13 year old) and they are a smashing wee group of lads - supportive, respectful and very quickly bedded themselves in as part of the fanbase. I sincerely hope this group you have turns out like the latter group we've got and not the first group of c***s.