Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 hours ago, forfarfred said:

It seems clear that Weir was persuaded to leave because he sacked Sellars

Sacking Sellars & hiring Smith was the point he lost the dressing room I reckon, especially since Barry Smith relegated half our squad last season, and they wanted to get away from him!

Sacking Sellars & hiring Smith was the point he lost the dressing room I reckon, especially since Barry Smith relegated half our squad last season, and they wanted to get away from him!
What sort of contract did Barry Smith sign with you lot? Am guessing he is away to get a whack of money for a few weeks work?

On 14/11/2019 at 16:30, bernardblack said:

I’m really excited for this managerial team! Hopefully improve on the standard of play from the last couple of months

Have you seen the goals scored for EK this season, 32 behind Kelty, sounds like it going to be defensive backs to the wall stuff.

Great to see some folk getting totally carried away, let's just wait and see where we are at xmas before making any judgements.

13 hours ago, Kwaka Mal said:
15 hours ago, tbsouth said:
Oh for Brad Spencer.....no sign of Matty Aiken??

Matty's loan spell is supposed to end early January according to transfermkt.

I'd rather have Matty back in January and get rid of Rory Currie and the walking bean pole from Montrose. Although none of them have been particularly good of late.

When is Jacko meant to be back?

Just reading about John Bairds every changing  situation,   Do you decent For Far supporters hold any grudge against Baird, for his apparent snakey release from his no 2 role and also a playing contract,  in order for him to emigrate to oz,  Baird signed a short term deal but is now  apparently  looking for a deal from Raith to the end of the season.    All seems very convenient a good player but to me he looks a cvnt of a human being.......Thoughts

Guest bernardblack
Have you seen the goals scored for EK this season, 32 behind Kelty, sounds like it going to be defensive backs to the wall stuff.
Great to see some folk getting totally carried away, let's just wait and see where we are at xmas before making any judgements.

Or you could just back the gaffer?

Just reading about John Bairds every changing  situation,   Do you decent For Far supporters hold any grudge against Baird, for his apparent snakey release from his no 2 role and also a playing contract,  in order for him to emigrate to oz,  Baird signed a short term deal but is now  apparently  looking for a deal from Raith to the end of the season.    All seems very convenient a good player but to me he looks a cvnt of a human being.......Thoughts
He knew he was leaving for Oz before last years playoff with Raith was over but didn't let on to Forfar which I could maybe buy if it was to avoid a distraction at a vital time. If he is just sorting himself out before heading for Oz permanently next your I'm none too bothered. If he doesn't and sticks at Raith it's a poor turn of events but we have more problems ahead than worrying about Baird.
He did a good job for us last season so will leave it at that.